Trump so orange in latest photo we need someone hold up a color calibration board by his face so we can get to the bottom of this

Originally published at: Trump so orange in latest photo we need someone hold up a color calibration board by his face so we can get to the bottom of this | Boing Boing

8 Likes

With apologies to all our piscatorial distant cousins everywhere…

26 Likes

userryanreynolds GIF

21 Likes

Snl Weekend Update GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes

guys it’s his halloween costume, he’s gonna be dressing up as a pumpkin and he’s so excited about it he’s wearing the makeup all the time, sheesh, be glad he’s acting like a normal five year old for once

17 Likes

A Fool’s Goldfish.

Hm. Generic noname Mac’n’Cheez.

14 Likes

19 Likes

I support that idea, but since most of these photos were taken in public areas, wouldn’t it be possible to just hold a color calibration card up next to, say, one of the walls he was standing in front of, determine the true colors of his surroundings, then work backwards to figure out the actual color of his makeup?

16 Likes

You would have to account for the surroundings being affected by reflections from Trump’s garish facial tint too. Quite a complex problem really.

12 Likes

As far as color balance - the woman’s shirt behind him looks pretty white…

Having said that, here’s the before, and photoshop “auto color” - there does appear to be an orange cast to the photo. He still
original
ps auto color
looks absolutely ridiculous.

21 Likes

How close does the card need to be? If someone was inbetween the camera and Trump so the card could be in the frame, would that work?

4 Likes

Publicly begging for treats with no thank you whatsoever. It tracks.

10 Likes

Shellacked.

7 Likes

The deeper he goes, the more I wonder if he’s gonna cross this line…

Magda GIF by hero0fwar
:thinking:

10 Likes

it needs to be lit by the same light that is lighting Trump. Otherwise, he could be lit by something with a different color cast than the card and correcting the overall white balance would tint parts of the image.

(take a photo in your house near a window with your lights on and you’ll see what I’m talking about.)

4 Likes

I think maybe we do.

Also:

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

14 Likes

So many wonderful browns to choose from out there. But I’ll only choose the best browns!

10 Likes

indexes

No, indices. Please speak English.

4 Likes

I assume that advanced signage and wayfinding system was one of his demands too, a la

8 Likes

He could be gearing up for prison, applying something that leaves a lasting stain, like shoe polish, as he won’t have access to his makeup kit while incarcerated.

6 Likes