Trump Spokesmonster Scottie Nell Hughes: 'There's No Such Thing as Facts'

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/01/trump-spokesmonster-scottie-ne.html

10 Likes

Scottie Nell Hughes is a deluded hypocrite who can sit and spin.

I will never accept post-truth or post-facts as being a legitimate part of my life.

50 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; no one is entitled to their own facts.

65 Likes

how long till we just go “yeah pass the aspirin… thanks.”

27 Likes

That really begs the question of how the fuck our (already broken) legal and justice systems are supposed to work, if “facts don’t matter.”

Fuck that noise.

37 Likes

Did she used to be Miss South Carolina? What nonsense.

7 Likes

Optimist: The glass is half full
Pessimist: The glass is half empty
Trumpist: That’s not a glass of water, it’s a Mexican ISIS terrorist sent by Obama to steal votes for Hillary so she can take your guns away and my opinion is equally valid to yours

79 Likes

I’m just at a loss for words. Maybe I’ll just throw a bunch out there and it will magically be profound, since we are clearly in a post-truth, post-fact, post-intellect, post-any-goddamn-sense era.

24 Likes

20 Likes

40 Likes

Wut.

15 Likes

We are fucked. Well and truly fucked.

18 Likes

Realist: The glass is half full and half empty.
Pedant: Well actually, the glass is completely full - halfway with liquid and halfway with air/oxygen.

48 Likes

Some have said in the past that truth is merely an army of tropes. Truth, unfortunately, could just as well be an army of Trump supporters.

3 Likes

So, tRump’s going for a Big Lie.

When it’s put this way, it makes complete sense.

It’s like he read mein kampf and thought it was his manual, and the stupid fucks who voted for him don’t even care.

22 Likes

Ah, but Karl “Turdblossom” Rove said it far better back in '04:
"The aide [Rove] said that guys like me were “in what we call the
reality-based community,” which he defined as people who “believe that
solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.” …
“That’s not the way the world really works anymore,” he continued.
“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And
while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act
again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s
how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors…and you, all of you,
will be left to just study what we do.”

26 Likes

66 Likes

She’s absolutely right - and don’t believe those people who say a train is speeding down the tracks towards you.

That’s just like, their opinion man.

26 Likes

I often wonder if this isnt all simply a continuation of the ‘plan’ outlined by Rove and Cheney
in 1996. With the direct help of Rupert Murdoch. And now here we are with people like
Scottie Nell Hughes; Ladies and Gentlemen, the New Nazi Party.

14 Likes

John Oliver, John Stewart, Samantha Bee and Stephen Colbert need to tear her a new truth-hole.

22 Likes