Trump Spokesmonster Scottie Nell Hughes: 'There's No Such Thing as Facts'

Facts are simple and facts are straight.
Facts are lazy and facts are late.
Facts all come with points of view.
Facts don’t do what I want them to.
Facts just twist the truth around.
Facts are living turned inside out.

25 Likes

Truth can be subjective but proven facts are not.

I truly cannot understand how people are even acknowleging such flawed ideas as feelings/opinions are equal to proven facts/deeds done/things said in context (and recorded)

4 Likes

Our only hope may be to trick these people into denying gravity and then throwing them off of a building.

“Hey, it wasn’t my fault that they didn’t believe in their own position enough to drift gently to the ground.”

12 Likes

Samantha, not Jessica.

11 Likes

I never wrote Jessica and you can’t prove otherwise! :wink:

24 Likes

For some reason, this song just popped into my head:

21 Likes

You lazy linguisticator.

5 Likes

Thank you. I always love learning of a new-to-me hopping MC 900 (ft. jesus) song.

7 Likes

As someone on Twitter said a while ago [well, that’s where I read it], we are much more likely to be in a pre-fact era.

6 Likes

But in which order?

9 Likes

Facts, analysis, and truth are three separate things. You can’t really know the truth with out facts and analysis together.

6 Likes

Facts are easier to distinguish than “Truth”

9 Likes

Sure I could… if I cared that much.

The little ‘edit’ icon next to your comment says it all.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

As my relatives go, feeling is common and comes predigested through their media consumption, facts take work and they can’t be arsed to research. They’d rather listen to the radio and very nearly have breakdowns when it comes to back and forth fact finding and analysis.

5 Likes

Came here just for that. Thank you. This is the predictable outcome of a mindset present in the American conservative movement for more than a decade.

@bibliophile20 That cartoonist really knows his stuff:

10 Likes

25 Likes

It’s progressed beyond research and fact-finding: a lot of people are now swallowing lies about what he said on TV or radio days or even hours before. It’s like willful dementia.

13 Likes

If anything, I’d say we are in a post-science era rather than a post-fact era. Never before have so many people had access to enough information (and misinformation) to realize that “proven” does not mean the same thing even to most scientists without extraordinary statistics training.

8 Likes

that’s some “philosophical deep shit” and while you can put the stress on any of these words, i put it on shit.

4 Likes

Engineer: The glass is twice as large as it needs to be. We’d have to look at the plans to know whether that’s an acceptable safety margin or a manufacturing mistake.

35 Likes