Trump staffers are lying to prove their loyalty

Righto. Because that’s the biggest problem we’ve got right now. Looking juvenile. As long as you think that way, let me offer you a link to something that’ll change your mind, <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ>immediately.

10 Likes

Then in that survey, way more Trump voters than Hillary voters wanted to fuck with the survey people. Which also tells us something.

4 Likes

It’s like a gang initiation. Instead of “go kill a rival gang member and we’ll let you in,” it’s “go tell an egregious lie with a straight face and you will have proven your loyalty.”

8 Likes

Or, in this case, keep telling egregious lies to continue to prove your loyalty. As with other abusers, Trump’s support is fickle, and his victims have to constantly affirm their loyalty.

2 Likes

Is there a survey you can cite for that?

5 Likes

There was that big one on 8 November 2016.

8 Likes

Canute began by being a Bad King on the advice of his Courtiers, who informed him (owing to a misunderstanding of the Rule Britannia) that the King of England was entitled to sit on the sea without getting wet. But finding that they were wrong he gave up this policy and decided to take his own advice in future thus originating the memorable proverb, ‘Paddle your own Canute’ and became a Good King and C. of E., and ceased to be memorable. After Canute there were no more aquatic kings till William IV (see later, Creation of Piers).
Canute had two sons, Halfacanute and Partacanute, and two other offspring, Rathacanute and Hardlicanute, whom, however, he would never acknowledge, denying to the last that he was their Fathacanute.

4 Likes

This one is easy. Obama had a lot of tall, plus size supporters. Trump’s fan base are leaner, thinner framed people.

There were many more Trump people than Obama people. It’s a true fact - honestly - I kid you not. Do the math.

Sorry.

Wait! I didn’t mean that. Yes I did! No I didn’t. I have proof. Can you wait? I did mean that. Before, at any rate. Listen - stay on topic please, ok?

Now that we’re clear. Fetch my slippers.

3 Likes

Well, up isn’t necessarily up for a RWT. It’s like. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Sideways, up, down, round and round.

There’s no telling.

1 Like

Holy cow. Watching that man is like seeing an early development robot from Westworld telling lies. He’s full of barely suppressed tics and swerves. His speech patterns are alerting and plainly evidence manipulation and deceit.

I’ll give him this: clearly, somewhere, he’s at odds with what he’s spouting.

I suspect he will not last.

3 Likes

Cooperation is breaking down among the ferrets within the skin-suit.

8 Likes

What a wonderful phrase!

The ferret sitting on top of the “head” is definitely out of control.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Spicer’s briefing the 25th, 24th, & 23th of Jan, and i don’t see him staying as Press Secretary all 4 years (but hopefully trump’s own Cabinet declares him unfit for Office sooner than that), he’ll either mess up and get tanked or he leaves on his own, i don’t think he actually believes what the trump believes, i legitimately feel bad for the guy, he has to be trump’s filter because trump can’t filter himself

4 Likes

[quote]Most politicians look positively professional compared to this president, who appears not to know that the world is laughing at his lies.

Any elected official or foreign leader needs to think twice about humouring this man. Videos of politicians cosying up to a pathological narcissist is going to end careers prematurely. Theresa May should consider what her own voters in Britain will think of her – the poodle prime minister to Vladimir Putin’s poodle?

Trump is apparently angry at media suggestions that he might be less than popular, and his staff finds this demoralising. They hate the notion that Trump may seem illegitimate and are determined to fight back. This is all a bit rich coming from a man who spent the last several years stoking racist fires by questioning the birth and legitimacy of Barack Obama. It’s also a self-fulfilling fear. The more Trump worries about his legitimacy, the more he lies. The more he lies, the less legit he looks.

Trump is not a con man, as some have suggested. That implies he has some competence at confidence tricks. Instead he’s just a cheap huckster, travelling from camera to camera promoting a busted product: himself.[/quote]

7 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

Wow, that sounds exactly like my local political machine! We often have mayors and county supervisors who are “neuters”, obviously have no greater ambitions and can be trusted at the wheel of power. When we have an openly ambitious mayor like we have now with his sights on the statehouse it rattles the machine.

1 Like