Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/02/trump-suggested-shooting-migra.html

5 Likes

“Put the wall here… soldiers over here… where do the dragons go?”

38 Likes

Pro torture, got it.

19 Likes

I would pay $5 to see the process staffers used to give an estimate on how much it would cost to stock the moat with alligators and/or snakes. Did they price out different kinds of snakes? Did they try and get a price break on alligators vs. crocodiles? Did the zoos they called think they were being pranked?

28 Likes

Evil plans, funny color, distinctive hair…Trump really IS upping his cartoon villain game but he still needs to work on his evil laugh.

20 Likes

Unfair. They left out the part where Biff suggested that an exception should be made for small children, who could be pelted with rocks instead.

Once when she left Dennis in a playpen in a back yard adjoining the Trumps’ property, Martha Burnham returned to find Donald throwing rocks at her son. “She saw Donald standing at the fence,” Dennis Burnham said, “using the playpen for target ­practice.

24 Likes

According to an excerpt, the president privately suggested to aides that soldiers shoot migrants in the legs, but he was told it would be illegal.

“Illegal? But I’m the president, I can do whatever I want.”

Pretty sure he seriously thinks that.

17 Likes

If this isn’t already disturbing enough, don’t forget: children would be among those shot.

10 Likes

So far, the evidence suggests he’s exactly correct :angry:

He has yet to suffer any meaningful consequence for any of the dozens of illegal, immoral, and unethical actions he’s taken as president.

Not to be too cynical, but I’d give better than even odds that he never will.

13 Likes

tumblr_pxdbojTMlr1tlzghao1_540

27 Likes

What about their legs? They don’t need those.

8 Likes

CrabInMoat

8 Likes

That’s a fake. I refuse to believe that Trump knows anything about the concept of perspective and vanishing lines.

29 Likes

I believe the most effective way of dealing with Turmp – which is totally legal and constitutional, because saying so makes it true – would be to just pull his skin off. Lucky for him there’s a Deep State conspiracy standing between me and the instant fulfilment of every spiteful impulse that flashes through my reptilian hindbrain.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that the impeachment inquiry is in process. He is signaling to his base while shocking the rest. How obvious.

2 Likes

Trump tweeted about this

Notice he didn’t deny that he suggested shooting migrants.

Also, notice how he actually says that it’s a fact that he desired the moat etc. Either he doesn’t know what “fact” means, or he’s gaslighting the country again (it’s probably both!)

8 Likes

Meanwhile the army core of engineers:

Wall :

24 Likes

I remember the feeling I’d get when I was a kid on Christmas eve. I get the same feeling now when I hear the word “impeachment” in the air. Delightful!

4 Likes

11 Likes