Trump suggests using nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes

We’ve needed a Kaiju Wallace quite some time.

All this nuke talk is dumb. See, what we really need to do is generate counter-hurricanes that rotate in the opposite direction. When they meet the target hurricane, the winds cancel each other out and both hurricanes fizzle out.

I see nothing that could go wrong with this plan. Nothing.

14 Likes

Maher was talking about this on Real Time this week…

This might be the best way to get Nostradumbass out of office. Have a GOP type run as an independent and get those GOP voters who will never vote for a DEM to vote IND instead. It should siphon enough votes away to seriously curtail the chances of 45 getting another term.

Yes it doesn’t solve the GOP controlled Senate issue, but one monster at a time man.

11 Likes

Oh I know it’s a bad idea, and probably came from the world of people who developed Project Plowshare and Project Orion. Just one of those thought experiments of how can we use nuclear weapons to solve all problems.

Just wanted to point out that it’s an idea that has been around a while, not new to orange chief. He’s an idiot for bringing it up, but it wasn’t his idea first.

8 Likes

Crazy ideas like this really expose the thinking going on here… he is using similar logic to help guide our economy, and he thinks he’ll be successful at it.

7 Likes

I truly believe we can walk and chew gum. Whatever strategy peels away some Trump supporters is great, but we need to get our own voters to the polls. That solves both presidential and Senate problems as well as strengthening the house. Trump lost the popular vote and has been driving away voters ever since. While, admittedly, solidifying the nazi base vote.

Eta: kinda off topic though.

6 Likes

Yeah, not a new idea, but also not a very good one, either.

I guess part of me, back when were do doing open air open testing anyway, would have liked to see what would have happened had we tried it. But 2019, yeah, bad idea.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t disagree with any of that. I truly feel that realistically this will be (assuming straight up REP vs DEM) a closer election than anyone left of Trumpism would like to see. This strategy of having a GOP independent based candidate would widen that margin to something far more comfortable and clear…at least that is my opinion on it. We never know what it will do until we actually see it. But I look at it like 92…if Perot had not run, I feel like Bush Sr would have more than likely won reelection over Clinton.

anything it takes to get il Douche and his moronic ideas like this out of office. Seriously the guy is like a bad villain from a cartoon.

5 Likes

Frontal lobotomy is the only way to get the brain worms out. Or make FOX a subscription only service, that seemed to kill the NYT.

3 Likes

Dammit, dammit, dammit :exclamation:

Now you’ve got me conflicted on this.

1 Like

They did a lot of dumb things with nukes in the 1950’s…

4 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

3 Likes

Probably a staff tweet. Tweet doubling-down with “I totally want to nuke hurricanes!” arriving presently.

7 Likes

Either Atomic Hurricane is my new supervillan name or my patented wrestling move.

6 Likes

Hey! Doctor Drakken was not a bad villain! Ineffective, maybe, but not bad!

And the Tangerine Shiatgibbon is claiming he never asked about it, which is almost certainly a lie, but I’ll take that over his doubling-down on the idea.

4 Likes

bad as in inept. :smiley:

1 Like

cAKHYpy

11 Likes

It’s not the right form, but maybe we’ve got something here! Bear with me, hurricanes are known to form in warm waters, and warmer waters make stronger hurricanes, right? So here’s the trick, let’s cool the water off the coast of Africa down!

You see, we know that carbon dioxide warms the planet, resulting in warmer oceans and stronger hurricanes, so if we can remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, then the planet will cool, and hurricanes won’t be able to form! It’s so simple!

We’ll harness the power of a nuclear bomb, let’s call it a reactor. And use that instead of burning carbon based fuel alternatives. And with the excess power, we know how powerful nukes are, we could suck carbon dioxide OUT of the atmosphere! It’s right there, we’ll use a nuke to destroy hurricanes!

/s?

11 Likes

Along with “draining a swamp” Trump is literally not old enough to believe in environmental-consequence-free nonsense like this. I see DDT coming back in a big way.

2 Likes