Trump supporter berates black Lyft driver with racial slurs and calls cops because he wouldn't put the radio on

I have seen a very confusing trend with this in the Denver area. Hispanic folks running around in MAGA gear. Do they not realize that the GOP couldn’t give two shits about citizenship, they just want the brown people gone? Do they think they’re going to join arms with the guys in white hoods when the race wars start? Cuz I have some bad news…

37 Likes

Lol. I caught that too.

3 Likes

IDK about Lyft policies, but Mr. Lettman has a sign in his cab saying passengers may be recorded (according to the linked story).

10 Likes

It’s the “father of two children” look.

26 Likes

They didn’t try to fire him, they only suspended him for a few hours while they reviewed the videos. They reinstated him immediately and a Lyft representative called to apologize. It’s all in the story linked above.

14 Likes

Mr Lettman has the patience of a saint. Amazing restraint.
Hope some employer will see the value in his professional conduct and offer him a more solid job.

17 Likes

Bullies voting for bullies. Game recognizes game?

5 Likes

All the times I have used Lyft and I’ve assumed it could be happening and why not? Makes things safer for everyone involved.

Additionally, I have never once asked them to change the music. It’s their vehicle, I am paying them to drive me, not DJ for me. If I don’t like the tunes, I put in my headphones.

13 Likes

How would anyone else ever know if they had any intention of reinstating it though? Should never have been suspended, but at least they were quick about it.

2 Likes

[Self-deleted for being a little off-topic. Be the change.]

3 Likes

Damn, you beat me to it.

That said, this nonsense with bigoted White folks calling the police for everything is getting real tedious.

EDIT, after watching the vid.

Okay so this particular time, it’s other “minorities” who are acting a fucking fool and then calling the police when no crime has been committed.

Shame on the passengers for using their sexual orientation and race as an excuse to be obnoxious dickheads.

Also the ‘gentleman’ in question who placed the call seems to be a complete idiot; he objects to being recorded but then goes on to doxx himself by giving his number to the 911 dispatcher while still on camera.

26 Likes

“If this guy does anything to threaten my life, I have to defend myself. … I’m a little fearful.”

25 Likes

I just read about this in the morning, if i understood correctly the white dude is gay (he was leaving a gay club and ordered his Lyft) but is a right-wing racist trumpkin. The cognitive dissonance with this idiot is really something.

29 Likes

Isn’t it?

1 Like

Anyway, lets go back to being angry at the piece of shit in the back of the car because screw that guy.

19 Likes

This baffles me as well. Because the president claims to have friends from marginalized groups his actions certainly don’t back up the assertion that he’s got their back.

post edited for clarity

6 Likes

He may once have, but any one that isn’t an opportunistic Uncle Tom has long since distanced themselves from Toadstool.

6 Likes

The thing that strikes me as ridiculous is how Ortiz et al are included in at least two marginalized groups (POC, gay), and lording it so hard over a fellow POC they should actually be supportive of in defense against the actual oppressors. Fucking kapos.

If I had an establishment in a borough of NYC, I’d probably have “refusal of service” wall of shame.

20 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.