Trump supporters want women's right to vote removed

You’d originally said, “the only reason this hashtag is trending is because people are criticizing.” That was a simple observation that no one has disagreed with here and which I explicitly agreed with and reaffirmed more than once.

You also said you didn’t see any tweets of people using it supportively. Others (and later I) pointed out cases of it being used supportively.

When I asked you about it you dropped the classic concern-trolley argument that since there weren’t a lot of people using the hashtag supportively, that we shouldn’t be talking about those that did, as if we did we’d all be hysterical exaggerators serving as fodder for the right to attack us, and later concern-trolled again telling us we were exaggerating/hysterical for saying things that were simple objective facts. You’ve misdescribed a correct and objectively true description as massive exaggeration, and been effectively telling us to stop talking about this topic far more than you’ve been arguing with people about your original topic that nobody disagreed with you about. It’s the part where you’re effectively telling other people they’re exaggerating when they aren’t and telling them to shut up that isn’t going over well.

And for what? So we’ll stop talking about a minor sideshow we’d all have mostly forgotten about if you hadn’t kept up the fight to defend a “truth” nobody’s disagreed with you about by telling us to stop saying things we weren’t saying.

Anyway, feel free to concern trolley to your heart’s content, I’m done.

7 Likes