Trump supporters want women's right to vote removed

Let’s wind it back to land owners. Take the pressure off of me.

3 Likes

Well, this piggy white man decided months ago to vote an all-woman ticket. Will probably vote democrat if two women are running for teh same seat, but i will vote republican woman against democrat male.
Men have had the opportunity to trash the planet for the last forever years, now it is time to let the women have their equal time.

I hope that a country run by women will be more better than the country run by men. We suck, in general. Sorry fellow doods.

11 Likes

I’d like to think it’s an insult to all the rational men in the country, too. :wink:

32 Likes

I have some friends who firmly believe the old saw, “If voting changed anything, they’d have made it illegal.” Voting might not change anything, but it does help keep things from rolling backwards, and people are making it illegal. They’re just doing it certain groups at a time.

17 Likes

OT: for the record, cousin, I’ve used a gif of Spanky and referenced “The Gate to Women’s Country” BOTH in the past few days. We really are related, aren’t we??!!

8 Likes

Nooooo, corporations, churches, noooooo!

3 Likes

Might be better to take away men’s vote. They’ve had a fair go and proven not to be trusted.

13 Likes

I remember the old print “Cracked” magazine, back in the late 1960s or early 1970s, had a feature about women being in power in U.S. government. Sadly, all I remember is Elizabeth Taylor being Secretary of Shopping, or something like that.

5 Likes

Maybe we should just let women have it all for the next 131 years to even things out.

22 Likes

If this were in a referendum, I would totally vote for it (as my final vote).

The thing I’m surprised about is that there are states where a majority of women would vote for Trump without help from the men. I’m surprised that there are still women who would vote for him at all, but he would get 80 electoral votes. From women.

14 Likes

The thing is… it seems like the only reason this hashtag is trending is because people are criticizing and calling it out as nonsense. I just looked through a lot of these tweets and didn’t see a single one that actually supported it.

4 Likes

Eh, maybe his supporters are just weak and tired right now.

12 Likes

The other half just doesn’t know it’s being insulted…

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of those are one issue voters like my mother who would vote for Beelzebub if he promised to reduce or outlaw abortions.

18 Likes

I sometimes wonder how much support the GOP would lose if the issue of abortion were removed. The amount of times I’ve heard people admit that they are disgusted by the GOP but feel that they have to vote for the Republican candidate because of this one issue is… significant. Apparently we need a candidate who is worse than Trump to separate the evangelical vote from the misogynistic racist vote.

15 Likes

He supposedly got a lock on this demographic,

3 Likes

Not to get too far off topic, but I’ve been trying to chip away at this my entire life. Have a group of men that regularly lunch to talk about things like gendered expectations, relationships, what it means to be a man in the 21st century, swapping relevant reading material, etc. I think US culture has (at least) three primary obstacles, and if you will forgive the sweeping generalizations:

1. Men are not expected or encouraged to discuss much of anything beyond the superficial
  2. Men are actively discouraged from developing emotional awareness (stoicism! that should suffice.)
  3. Masculine identity is defined in opposition to the feminine and the feminine is defined as inherently weak. “Boys don’t cry.” “Don’t be such a sissy.”

I find the first to be the biggest stumbling block - without the ability to have these conversations with and among men, how can we hope to see the same sort of gains and contributions that feminist thinkers and writers have achieved in the last 100 years?

Two articles that have framed my thinking:

Do Men Suck at Friendship?

According to the Male Deficit Model, friendships between men function and falter within strict pragmatic categories: “convenience friends,” for example, exchange helpful favors but don’t interact much otherwise; “mentor friends,” who connect primarily through one man’s tutelage of the other; or “activity friends,” which Matt and I became by surfing in San Francisco.

Shockingly, every male friendship I’ve had has fallen into one of these three categories and been just as transient. Remove the frame and the friendship has withered over time.

What Can We Do About Britain’s Male Suicide Crisis?

Perhaps most worryingly, “some men reported that adherence to masculine norms meant that feelings associated with being vulnerable provoke greater anxiety than the thought of being dead.”

And how horrible, how completely tragic is that?

Start talking about it together as men is about as far as I’ve gotten with a solution.

28 Likes

She should vote for Hillary. Her policy is proven to reduce both unwanted pregnancies and abortions through high quality sex ed and forcing insurance to pay for birth control.

20 Likes

That’s so sad… Like, seriously, that’s really sad. I hope you can find a friend who you can really connect with.

4 Likes

I love that movie.

3 Likes