Trump supporters: "We're gonna have money again"

Yep, sure sounds like it.

Vote for Clinton because she’s not Trump.

Vote for Trump because he’s not Crooked Hillary who killed people in Benghazi with secret emails or something.

Voting third party? A vote for a third party is a vote for [insert nemesis here].

Not voting? Grow up.

You never can win.

13 Likes

Last night, my spouse and I were talking about how Idiocracy is coming back to theaters in time for the election. It’s not even that good a movie, but it does have some funny bits. It’s just weird that it’s so prescient, you know?

6 Likes

Don’t forget convincing those struggling that any outside attempts to help them are evil lies that will make their life harder.

I know someone who is extremely fond of Reagan’s quote: “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’” They’re going to be voting for Trump, of course.

15 Likes

A bizarre thing about that quote is that in a Democracy, that is basically be the same as saying “You and your neighbors sent me over here to help.” We are the Government.

27 Likes

Not really. We vote for people who vote for the President, we don’t vote for the President themselves. Even if we do vote for US Senators and Representatives, and even Governors, they listen to donors and lobbyists but not the average person at all. By and large, we still have access to our state-level Representatives and Senators… for now.

Citizens United needs to be overturned before we lose whatever democracy we have left.

7 Likes

50 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen this joke animated.

6 Likes

I swear this is the first thing that came to mind when I read the word “Trumpettes”:

31 Likes

Watching that video, I’m looking like this kid:

Those women are delusional. Are they handing out free drugs at these Trump events? That or I just saw one of the worst cases of Stockholm Syndrome ever.

13 Likes

I think of this (NSFW):

Yeah, it’s a French horn, but the execution’s still the same

2 Likes

This phenomenon isn’t unique to Trump. I think many voters get sucked into hanging their hopes that the new president will be different. Hell, look at Obama. There were many interviews with people assuming Obama would be taking care of things, including paying for stuff they needed/wanted.

I think the a good portion of Sander’s supporters had similar sentiments (note I didn’t say “all”). Though, again, even if Sanders 100% wished to do certain things, I doubt most would come into fruition because that isn’t how the presidency works. He was in Congress for how many years? Hell he is Senator NOW - he could introduce a College bill or a student debt relief bill TODAY. Doesn’t mean it will get anywhere.

2 Likes

Sure, man, but my point is Ronald Regan was a divisive fearmonger. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I gotta remember to stop watching videos like this while I’m somewhere I can’t drink.

10 Likes

But he was from the Government, and he was not there to help. Maybe he was onto something…

3 Likes

Perfect use of that gif.

4 Likes

There’s only one problem with it:

The fact that Trump still has a non-zero chance of being elected by his supporters isn’t something to laugh about.

6 Likes

True.

But that audacious belief that dude will put money back in anyone’s pockets but his own?

That’s laughable as fuck; Barnum would have probably adored Trump’s scamming abilities…

18 Likes

Barnum once he got away from running lotteries and got into what made him famous was actually pretty open about the fact his show was bunkum and entertainment. It has been too long since I read the biography I have of him but he was pretty scornful of a Trump kind of huckster.

8 Likes

10 Likes

The punchline is that if Trump actually met these women who adore him he would likely think they’re complete fucking idiots (which they are).

5 Likes