Trump tells female reporter, "You're not thinking. I know you never do."

“Never thanking”? So the White House prefers to make POTUS sound idiotic rather than insulting?

4 Likes

Sometimes they non-apologize for his insults by saying “he’s a counterpuncher”, which is there way of making him being an asshole sound like an asset. It’s so weird, as there’s no merit in a president “punching” anyone, except Nazi’s, but to them he’s solicitous. And if Trump were actually punched, he’d fold like a cheap suit and start to cry.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t the headline be changed to match the transcript ?

What exactly needs to be changed? Even the White House is walking back their ham-handed attempt to save face.

3 Likes

Because we have this thing in 2018 called VIDEO. And we all can listen to what he says and it is clear that he says “YOU’RE NOT THINKING. YOU NEVER DO.”

So whatever bullshit statement the WH comes out with…the rest of us functional human beings can use our fucking ears!

3 Likes

It’s nice to see that someone in the White House prizes truth over spin.

2 Likes

And more stank than a large-scale industrial hog farm.

BoingBoing headline:

Trump tells female reporter, “You’re not thinking. I know you never do.”

Transcript in the BB article:

“That’s OK. I know you’re not thinking. You never do,” Trump said.

Those are different. The placement of “I know” has moved in the time between the headline and transcript. Just saying, if there are quotes, use a real quote not a modified or mistaken one.

How can we be mad at the White House for fudging the transcript and then say “hey don’t point out inaccuracies in the media we support!”

3 Likes

If I may translate: He said this assholey thing. You said he said a slightly different assholey thing. Therefore, the problem is obviously with you. MAGA!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.