Trump the Chump (Part 1)

You’re gonna need to explain that, as it appears you’re mocking librarians.

8 Likes

He doesn’t look real. Are you sure that’s not a mannequin? Or perhaps a large doll?

6 Likes

I believe he is invoking the librarian of Unseen University

Though I doubt Ook would be so gross as to engage in groping.

15 Likes

Oook!

(Discworld reference)

12 Likes

That was not my intent. I spent the last couple months reading Sir Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. [I think I’ve read all 41 books, thanks Google Play!] So I tend to make a lot of references to it since it’s fresh in my mind. One of my favorite characters is the Librarian of Unseen University, a wizard who was transformed into an orangutan. [Never refer to him with the m-word!]

His new brachiation abilities lets him climb the bookshelves easily to retrieve requested books, and everyone treats the books with respect now (since if not, he could “go librarian” on your rear end. And yes, that’s an expression used in-universe!) He also has the ability to travel through L-space to quickly reach any library. So it seems he might make a good defender of libraries or collections of records, like the one Trump had at Mar-a-Lago.

14 Likes
14 Likes

Thank you! I had no idea!

8 Likes

So cool, thanks for explaining!

8 Likes

Pratchett wrote a lot of wonderful books and was, by every account I have ever read, a good person. His books are simultaneously amusing and full of deep commentary on humanity. The Tiffany Aching books remain a favorite. If you haven’t read them, check them out. I noticed many are getting new audio versions and I’ll be reading/listening to those eventually.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Oh, please, please let this be true.
I wouldn’t be surprised, and I’d like very much to see Farage behind bars where the nasty shit-weasel belongs.

10 Likes

I’d have gone with Ninjas, but okay.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, how does google play render the footnotes? (My eyes are more comfortable with a kindle, but the “flip to the back of the book to read the endnotes” never quite had the visual impact of a joke landing at the bottom of a page.)

1 Like

The footnotes are links in the text, represented by *, to a page at the end of the book with the text of the footnote. Clicking on the * symbol on the footnote page brings you back to the location of the * link in the text.

4 Likes

They’re not yours, shitweasel!

Presidential Records Act & other laws.

19 Likes

25 Likes

They are also, at the secure facilities at least, well-armed librarians with top level security clearances, who will shhh to kill.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Love the camo!

9 Likes

A whole new level of sexy librarian.

4 Likes