Trump threatens to order 'additional security for our country' next week, 'very rapidly'

Not even Texas has its own tag, and there’s so much good and bad about Texas that’s uniquely Texan.

1 Like

I don’t want to play this this game anymore, it’s the same every day. Can we do something new, please?

What, we can’t for the next four years? Well, fuck me.

20 Likes

I have the feeling Trump will press the Reset Button soon:

16 Likes

We have to tear down the old world before we can build a new one. Bannon via Lenin or something.

13 Likes

That handshake thing where he yanks the other person towards him is so creepy.

15 Likes

Well, here we are, conservatives spent 8 long years wringing their hands and sweating in fear that Obama was a dictator, and they’ve followed that up by electing a man who really is trying to make himself dictator, but of course they don’t see it that way. What they see is “the enemy within”, Muslims and immigrants, and the traitorous liberals who coddle those enemies. It’s not dictatorship, it’s “finally we’re getting something done, goddammit!”

32 Likes

Maybe it will be an executive order nullifying the courts.

16 Likes

Well… not really. There are still checks and balances in the US (as we can see with the stop on the immigration ban). There are two chambers of congress. They just need to do their job and not just suck up to him. Wanna see democracies turning into dictatorships? Look no further than Turkey, Hungary, Poland. I abhor the D as much as the next guy, but we’re not there yet. Less panic, more action to swing the midterms.

Also, term limits, which are by far my favorite feature of the US system.

4 Likes

Instead of calling him POTUS or Mr. Trump, can we just call him “Florida Man”?

12 Likes

I prefer Mango Mussolini.

9 Likes

Closest I could get. Wrong country, though.

This one’s for “every country”

4 Likes

Instead, he gets to spend time on Branson’s private island before going off to be feted by the world’s more liberal societies. Tough call.

4 Likes

If they’d studied their history, they’d know that the terrorist attack on the nation’s legislative building needs to come as a complete surprise before “additional security for our country” is ordered. No spoilers!

22 Likes

Order additional security, like from the security store? Just go and pull some stuff off the shelves?

What a maroon.

6 Likes

A.k.a. “Good luck America, we tried, you’re on your own now.” It’s the ultimate “mic drop.”

3 Likes

I’m concerned he might be so unhinged as to declare martial law for sanctuary cities.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Nah, I love that D. Just not the orange one.

9 Likes

The critical bug in v.45 is that he’s unable to back down from a pissing match. Instead of trying to change the conversation, he doubles-down where he’s getting the most pushback (i.e., where his policies are least popular). This is actually a good thing because it keep the headlines negative and keeps him distracted from other issues where he can be more effective.

We just have to hope we don’t end up in another Cuban Missile Crisis-type situation.

15 Likes

Is there, can we somehow keep him from talking to foreign leaders, or people, or talking?

We are all aware that he golfs just like he does everything else, right?

9 Likes