Trump threatens to publicly release private data of immigrants and foreign visitors, ACLU responds

I can see this affects everyone, not just foreigners. But I am a foreigner, so that’s my perspective.

I’m astonished at how readily CBP officers are turning into authoritarian bullies. Were they always like this and just waiting for the chance to show it, or have they been recently recruited?

15 Likes

One supposes the former.

4 Likes

They were always like this but were checked by the law and the political culture. Not only has that changed, but he’s also promised to increase hiring for CBP enforcement agents. You can imagine the kind of people who’ll be lining up for that job fair.

9 Likes

Southern Italians, Greeks and Turks, “Um… how brown, exactly?”

2 Likes

Yeah, good point, maybe they should outsource the DHS to private corporations? :wink: There’s no way that could go wrong.

5 Likes

“Um… how brown, exactly?”

Of course, mentally ill is fine: they’ll be able to buy guns and everything.

14 Likes

28 Likes

And the worst kind–a Yahoo who thinks he’s a Houyhnhnm.

6 Likes

Guess you have to give your base new targets before they realize you are screwing them over.

I don’t even have words for what he is.

Same here. There is only so much I can take and do before I feel like jumping off a bridge or taking a gun to my head. Take a break, turn off the radio/TV and listen to music.

18 Likes

a dipshit in the White House. FTFY!!

There are good people out there…it’s just finding them.

yep

Amerika first!!

Both.

Do you hate brown people? Do you think America should only be white? Join CBP and live your dream!!

3 Likes

@cameronh1403
@SpunkyTWS

But let’s not forget “yahoo” has a few meanings.

One leaks personal information.

5 Likes

A brobdingnagian ego, with lilliputian hands.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that there’s a mix. While there is probably a disproportionate number of anti-immigrant thinkers in the CBP, Im guessing that the degree of that varies quit a bit. And right now, it’s the assholes who have been chomping at the bit who we’re hearing about.

OTOH it may simply be the old reason. I.e. that capital, not people, should have freedom of movement

1 Like

11 Likes

I agree. There’s a lot of Texas law enforcement and CBP in my husband’s family. The way they talk about the people they interact with is sickening.

My husband and I went on our first official date after he got up and walked out during Thanksgiving dinner because he couldn’t stand to hear about stomping on niggers and the wetbacks anymore. He drove the five hours home and caught me as I was getting home from my friends’ place.

12 Likes

If it does get “Mad Max bad” my only hope is to toady-up to some Humongous-type. I’ll probably lose my fingers to some d@#n Feral Kid, anyway.

4 Likes

That’s a pity about your husband’s family but at least some good came out of it then.

I guess people who really want to keep foreigners out are naturally inclined towards careers where they can be paid for doing just that, and enjoy doing it day after day. And the other kind of folks, who have a little too much compassion, wouldn’t want to stay in the job for long.

4 Likes

That guy is wasting his time–I could tell him the results without even watching the speech.

4 Likes