Trump to host G7 summit at own failing Miami hotel

Maybe he’s also trying the Greenland business strategy to get competitors drunk in the sauna before negotiations…because drunk and steamed lowers one’s resistance.

4 Likes

What flabbergasts me about this is: I get that Trump, acquisitive toddler sociopath that he is, immediately grabs all the candy because Hey, there’s candy there– I do not get how there isn’t anyone around him who slaps his hand. Not even Ivanka/Jared? Not even Mickie? This is an unambiguous emolument. (Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter had to sell his peanut farm.)

7 Likes

"Doral, although located in Miami-Dade County, is far from what most visitors imagine when they think of Miami. The beaches are miles away through terrible traffic, and the close-by runways of Miami International Airport mean large, noisy jets take off or land overhead from dawn until past midnight.

During the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting there in 2018, the resort itself appeared in need of basic maintenance. Guest rooms smelled of mildew and the basement restaurant had the odor of stale, spilled beer."

From - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-doral-contract-illegal_n_5daa38b0e4b0422422c4e3cc

5 Likes

Ugh Florida in JUNE?!? Not even people who live in Florida want to be there in June. Humidity, mosquitos, HURRICANES - I bet Lynne Patton is SO pissed right now. She totally could have come up with a better party plan but NNNNOOOOOO - now she has to pretend to do work for a stupid federal housing program in stupid New York with stupid people who wouldn’t even know where to get a stupid ice sculpture. kicks rocks

3 Likes

Wait, why wasn’t this more publicized? This is just as bad, emolument-wise, as hosting the G-7…

2 Likes

6 Likes

It was, just not through the MSM.

5 Likes

The only thing he’s consistent about is his inconsistency.

6 Likes

Maybe that’s why Trump decided to give up his self-dealing windfall - it finally occurred to him that he’d have to be there in June, too.

5 Likes

Until the next time he tweets.

4 Likes

Good news! Trump is learning to accommodate outside public opinion in his decision making process!

4 Likes

Now we get to justifiably worry about Trump receiving a kickback from whoever gets to host the summit.

5 Likes

Democrats in the House and Senate quickly introduced legislation intended to block the use of the Doral, a bill they called “Trump’s Heist Undermines the G7,” or the Thug Act. The measure would have blocked the use of federal funds for the Group of 7 if the event were held at the Doral.

:laughing:

6 Likes

It’s all right- it’s no longer taking emoluments from foreign countries.

It’s just conspiracy to.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.