Trump to reporters: "We should get rid of about 75-80% of you'

If I were in that room, I would have started coughing.

5 Likes

32ssssd

23 Likes

And after he said that, he immediately called on the most ridiculous partisan bootlicker, who asked about the left-wing media taking cues from “communist China.” FUUUUUUUCK!

2 Likes

I think it’s abundantly clear he has no idea what ‘working’ really means, so it should be little surprise that a complex compound word like ‘teleworking’ is well beyond his ken.

“Teleworking? Yeah, I do that every day during executive time - when I’m watching Hannity on the tele I’m working … the best work. People are saying it’s my greatest work.”

7 Likes

Or anything else relating to normal, adult life. (Working, shopping, paying taxes, having a family, friends or any other kind of normal human relationships, etc.) His cognitive dysfunctions aside, he spent his whole life having other people take care of him - in both life and business - so he’s never had to do pretty basic things. But thanks to his also having serious cognitive issues, Trump doesn’t understand what anything means, really, and it’s almost impossible to teach him anything. He proves, over and over again, that his level of understanding of the world is on par with that of a child’s. He hides it in situations like this by simply changing the subject of the conversation.

It would be cute if he were a kid (in a “ha, ha, kids are such idiots” kind of way), but it’s super-disturbing to see in an adult in a position of power.

10 Likes

Like the $1k per person figure. I’m sure that to him a thousand dollars is basically throwing a one dollar bill at strippers. Then walking out without leaving a tip.

6 Likes

Great Canadian-style burn there.

8 Likes

Waddaya talk? It was a perfect joke. Trump tells the best jokes. Just ask him.

I had to look up OAN to realize that it is in Alex Jones territory as far as reliability. But Trump just loved it, didn’t he? What a putz.

3 Likes

China, now subbing in for Mexico for the 2020 election games.

1 Like

That’s exactly what he wants you to do. He doesn’t have to get rid of the reporters if no one listens to him out of outrage. Remember this is the man who likes to say “You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in". Which he appropriated from the original artist. Maybe you didn’t vote for him but like a snake, he has to be kept a close eye on.

2 Likes

Yeah, so we get information from three or four people Trump likes. That sounds like a recipe for a strong democracy.

Bonus points if they were referring to 1814…

3 Likes

“Will no one rid me of these troublesome reporters?”
More than a few would take that as a direct order.

6 Likes

Just re-watched Becket last night!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.