Trump to reporters: "We should get rid of about 75-80% of you'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/19/trump-to-reporters-we-shou.html

4 Likes

Now would be a good time to really start pressing him on the cuts to the CDC that he allegedly doesn’t remember making since they’re clearly going to lose access anyway.

45 Likes

We should get rid of 100 percent of that orange turd in November’s election.

41 Likes

I know most of the article is behind a paywall, but the first part is totally spot on

21 Likes

So all but 2 or 3 of them are doing their job correctly?

26 Likes

I heard some this presser this morning on the radio while running some errands. In the 5 or so minutes I heard of it, he repeatedly praised himself for doing such a great job, said that “social distancing” was a new phrase, said that nobody could have seen this coming (multiple times), blamed Obama, said we were making great progress, saying that masks and tests were widely available, and several other lies. Why not say something like this too?

18 Likes

He has already gotten rid of 80% of the competent career government employees already, why not make it a clean sweep?

6 Likes

I raged so hard at Trump’s shit comment about journalists being nicer now. I had to turn off the damn radio.

I haven’t been able to hear more than 25 words out Trump’s mouth without turning Trump off for my entire life.

14 Likes

75-80% of him would work well enough, I think.

9 Likes

Absolutely - you bet!! But will they?

ETA ref the post we are commenting on… did we really - yet again - need the same text repeated three times just because three people most of us have never heard of tweeted that exact same text? REALLY? What conceivable value did that add for us readers?

4 Likes

“It’s unclear whether Trump knows what “teleworking” is”

I mean, of course he doesn’t. He heard many people talking about “telemedicine” and probably saw plenty of pictures and video, so he has an extremely vague notion of what that is, so he fell back on talking about something he thinks he’s an “expert” on. That’s Trump, all the time.

4 Likes

I was watching the press conference/daily briefing from Prime Minister Trudeau and was so glad to have an articulate, coherent leader (spokesperson really, I think Chrystia Freeland is really running the show now) in this crisis.
After Trudeau was done the news cut to 10 seconds of Drumpfis speaking and then the reporter said something like “we’ll return to the whitehouse when there is news to report” and didn’t end up showing any more of his posturing. I feel so sorry for Americans to put up with that blow hard and so happy that our news agencies are giving him any more oxygen for his toxicity.

19 Likes

Teleworking vs TeleHealth & TeleMedicine… what in actual fuck???

3 Likes

Surprised Teletubbies didn’t make the list.

Maybe tomorrow

15 Likes

Some context about why reporting is necessary:

32 Likes

Yet another example of “a joke that’s not really a joke.”

8 Likes

Everything above the kneecaps.

3 Likes

Chrystia Freeland is a national treasure. Just not our national treasure, more’s the pity.

4 Likes
14 Likes

I read Xeni’s lead-in and immediately inferred that Trump was suggesting that 75-80% of the remaining White House Press Corp be “disappeared” … in the kidnapped and killed sense. Then I read the tweets and got some much needed context.

Let me be clear, Trump is a the dumbest kind of evil that one could imagine. So much so that we don’t need to misrepresent his rantings.

2 Likes