Trump tried to read the Constitution but it was "like a foreign language"

Given he’s been an ass his entire life, and his dad was an ass before him, and he completely depends on underlings to feed him, I suspect a fair percentage of his liquid intake is contemptuous spit.

8 Likes

Band Name!

13 Likes

He claims to have read Two Corinthians, but Biblical scholars don’t recognize that book.

1 Like

Rain coats required.

2 Likes

So, we’ve established that he can in fact read?

After 3 years in office, progress. Hooray?

2 Likes

“He behaved like a brooding child, short-tempered, brittle, and quick to blame mystery distractions for the mistakes,”

I read that as “milkshakes” which, sadly, I thought WAS reasonable thing for him to be distracted by.

1 Like

He’s definitely capable of reading. In the same way Schwarzenegger was “able to speak English” during Hercules in New York.

4 Likes

trumped by reading fake news

From the headline I figured he didn’t understand the underlying impact of the articles, which would not be that surprising for a non-lawyer with no training in case law

although given the number of lawsuits Trump has been involved in, he should really have done some homework at some point

but no, what was “like a foreign language” … was the English language

Trump’s just illiterate :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

1 Like

So, where’s the blooper reel?

Some people are saying that. Very smart people.

3 Likes

Unlike the Constitution, this shit just writes itself at this point.

Utterly amazes me everyday that someone this childish, petty, and incredibly stupid actually convinced enough rubes to vote for them for president.

But they did! (well, actually, no, he lost the popular vote)

Isn’t this just fun?

Please make it end, please. PLEASE

4 Likes

Everything else aside, it’s pretty damn scary that the President of the United States is functionally illiterate.

2 Likes

No, that’s not the scary part. He’s like a five years old moron and people still do what he says, and think he’s a good president. That’s what worries me.

Got told the other day that “The popular vote is meaningless. It doesn’t matter” by a trump supporter.

I had to tell him “you shouldn’t tilt your hand like that. It makes you sound like you’d support a trump dictatorship and don’t care about democracy at all.”

6 Likes

“Foreign language” and foreign concepts --surely alien to tRump and Cult45.

“The trouble continued to brew. It was a time for action. And a time for words. On a hot July night in 1776, Benjamin Franklin was aroused from his work by the Call of Destiny…”
(ok, this link’s about the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution… but hey, same crew)

:musical_note: You must take a stand :musical_note:
:musical_note: for this brave new land :musical_note:
:musical_note: For who wants to live :musical_note:
:musical_note: so conservative? :musical_note:
:musical_note: We don’t disagree :musical_note:
:musical_note: but a man can’t be :musical_note:
:musical_note: too careful what he signs these days :musical_note:

To be honest, 18th century english writers had more tools in the tool box when it came to punctuation so the US Constitution although simple it’s still a bit stilted to read. None the less, I think it’s more of a reflection on his laziness and functional illiteracy than it is on the document itself.

1 Like

“Trump naturally chose to read the section of the Constitution pertaining to the election of the President and scope of his powers.”

5 Likes

Alexis de Tocqueville was absolutely right, almost 200 years ago. The man had the insight of a time traveler.

Perhaps that’s a movie script waiting to happen. Actually, I’d watch that.

1 Like