Could the mystery language Trump is on about be “Love?”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/01/could-the-mystery-language-trump-is-on-about-be-love.html

2 Likes

■■■■■ 2024: The Undiscovered Country

What does God need with immunity?

3 Likes

People who don’t speak languages. We have languages coming in to our country, nobody that speaks those languages. They’re truly foreign languages. Nobody speaks them

('course with the orangeblob it’s stupidity multiplied by racism)

13 Likes

The quote cuts off before he drops the croutons on top of this particular word salad: “…and they’re pouring into our country, and they’re brininging with them tremendous problems, including medical problems, as you know.”

Doctor, I’ve heard a truly foreign language that no one speaks and now I feel that I have tremendous medical problems. The language must’ve come over the border from Mexico to infect me. Damn Joe Biden!

10 Likes

Doubly strange considering his poor English is his second language. He doesn’t have a first.

Oh no! mystery language infection! Put a border a border around him! Beach! Invermectin! Light up his…!

2 Likes

The Honest Trailers guys just put out a new trailer for Arrival describing the mind-bending premise: “What if… an American had to learn a second language?(!)”

6 Likes

I actually find it exhausting what a fucking idiot Trump is. At some point the very idea of trying to engage with his brain-diarrhea is just too much. Too many layers of idiocy, malevolence and ignorance piled on top of each other to be worth picking through.

Though this reminds me of a really interesting recent NYTimes article about vanishing languages, especially one bit about a language from Nepal where 20% of the speakers lived in two apartment buildings in Brooklyn. All the languages are here.

Oh shit - we know how that turns out…

7 Likes

The only language he knows is Griftese.

4 Likes

USAnians only having a taste on what is when you go to someone else’s country and expect people speak YOUR language

2 Likes

1 Like

webcomic name The Little Mermaid

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.