Trump tried to read the Constitution but it was "like a foreign language"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/21/trump-tried-to-read-the-consti.html

7 Likes

I’ve heard that tRump’s mouth burns when he has to speak the truth, I heard that.

22 Likes

Trump tried to read the but it was “like a foreign language”

FTFY

13 Likes

Trump tried to read?

29 Likes

He was probably being unintentionally honest when he said that it seemed like a foreign language to him. Is there anyone in the country who thinks that Trump reads at an adult level, much less a high level?

Over/under 1 book he’s read in the last 25 years?

15 Likes

Well, of course English is like a foreign language to him. Any one who has ever heard him speak is unsurprised.

24 Likes

How unfortunate.

8 Likes

As long as reading the cover, or, I should say . . . reading the title and skimming the blurb doesn’t count . . . I’m putting all my chips on the under.

4 Likes

And how is anyone supposed to substantiate an allegation like that? Nobody has ever heard him speak the truth.

11 Likes

“Limits… on… power… not… above… law… What kind of weird shithole language is this?”
– Trump reading the part that the law applies to him.

20 Likes

I hope that someone realizes that the White House is by now bugged to the brim by whoever got to visit there since January 2017.

9 Likes

Especially since he’s notoriously paranoid about being poisoned.

14 Likes

I’ve always believed that’s just a bullshit excuse for having the taste level of a four year old child.

26 Likes

Hell, I’m pretty sure he hasn’t read a single book since college, except maybe the ones that have his name on them as the ostensible author. Though I’m pretty sure he didn’t read all of them, either. I remember reading an article that had bits of interviews throughout his life where he talked about reading a book and it was clear he hadn’t (in some cases he didn’t even know the name of the book he had supposed just read).

4 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken.

Shocking, I know…

2 Likes

It’s like that time in high school when he hired some kid to read Chaucer and Shakespeare for him.

“What is this, some kind of ‘old’ English?”

3 Likes

I’m so fried of this neverending circus. We plummeted past the 9th circle in 2017 and now all is formless noise and chaos.

7 Likes

It would be unsurprising to learn that he did this to avoid people spitting in his food, as precooked burgers gives them less opportunity to mess with his food. Also maybe why he orders his meat burnt, so spit would be obvious, or sterilized in the flames.

4 Likes

That makes much more sense to my mind than he’s paranoid about being poisoned.

2 Likes