You Don't Se: Trump wrote much of own lawyer letter to Pelosi

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/12/you-dont-se-trump-wrote-muc.html

6 Likes

Idiot Says Stupid Things is the only headline we need.

20 Likes

It was easy to tell because it was written in crayon.

25 Likes

The letter reads like it’s from one of Ruben Bolling’s “Donald and John” strips in TtDB. Except that it’s not funny.

25 Likes

Nice to see that John Barron got himself a JD and passed the bar.

28 Likes

Dear Trump: Please keep talking about your impeachment.

33 Likes

Seriously, though; the more he obsesses, the more likely he is to fuck up and keep snitching on himself, not to mention the unhealthy level of constant stress it puts him under…

40 Likes

My old boss did this…sending legal sounding letters that weren’t. It is comical.

13 Likes
14 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the WH Counsel’s office only contribution to the letter was giving Trump’s rambling the appearance of being coherent.

12 Likes

I’m certain that Trump gave direction to the letter writer - “Say it’s unconstitutional!”, “Call it partisan!”, etc - but he didn’t actually write any part of it. He’s functionally illiterate, and while the letter is laughable from a legal standpoint, it is written in grammatically correct english.

20 Likes

My thoughts, exactly.

9 Likes

That does seem to be the pattern and what’s kinda awesome is when he contradicts the GOP that is desperately trying to invent excuses and then he blunders in and saying “No, I really meant X” and does so on camera.

11 Likes

A perfect encapsulation of the past 3 years that can’t be reposted enough:

40 Likes

This, all of this.

6 Likes

Please. There’s just no way they could possibly know this…

23 Likes

I suppose they could have found a lawyer and hit him on the head a lot and then have him write the letter of Pelosi. (That or actually hire a 4th grader)

3 Likes

I hope the eventual SCOTUS response to this is, like, video in which five or six of the justices hold up copies of the letter that have been heavily marked up with red ink and just laugh for five minutes.

2 Likes

This isn’t a challenge, I’m just really curious. How do we know about his literacy or lack thereof? It would be great to trot that out, and be able to back it up.

1 Like

That’s a little suspicious, as Kennedy was so well read. Hard to imagine him not placing higher.

1 Like