Trump tweeted he witnessed "horror and devastation" of Harvey, but others say he didn't really

Mr. President, your lack of empathy for the suffering and death of people is noted. Keep trying to show everyone how phoney Obama is.

Stay classy

6 Likes

I thought that high heels were intended for this sort of weather.

4 Likes

Maybe it was like:

“I can’t believe the horror and devastation of this awful storm.”

“Sir we’re nowhere near the actual path of the storm.”

“Oh shit, you mean Texas always looks like this?”

3 Likes
2 Likes

You’re allowed to say “crap” on the internet. And in elementary school, come to think.

So, the entire population of the US is moving to Texas? That doesn’t seem likely to help recovery efforts.

But lies. He lied, publicly, to the American People. He’s a lying liar.

3 Likes

Common problem when translating from Trumpistani.

Most phrases, literally translated, mean exactly the opposite of what an English speaker would understand.

He lies all the time continuously. There are many, many more significant lies.

1 Like

There are reputable companies that will scan large numbers of photographs. Have an older relative with lots of photos? Great gift for them and the rest of the family would be to get the photos, pack them up, find and pay a reputable place, and scan them all. Get all family members copies. Buy your older relative a few digital photo frames and change up the photos each time you visit.

3 Likes

It’s all relative though, by Trump’s standards, anything that isn’t gilded, covered in his name, making him lots of money, or praising him is probably both horrifying and devastating. We’re talking about a man whose fragile ego requires a choir of seraphim to accompany him and sing his praises every waking hour. His ability to measure things like “horror” and “devastation” is probably incurably skewed.

1 Like

“I witnessed the horror and devastation of Harvey on TV.” I think you can add “on TV” to any sentence the President makes, these days. “I’m Donald Trump, and I’m the President of the United States on TV.”

3 Likes

I think it’s just as important to emphasize that he’s willing to lie about even the smallest things, because that implicitly calls into question his honesty when talking about the more significant ones.

4 Likes

The simplest presumption is that every time Trump opens his mouth or tweets, he is lying, exaggerating or simply whack-a-doodle crazy.

He simply must be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral in terms of needing to be the center of attention at all times.

1 Like

I’d still be wary of packing them all up and sending them through the mail without any backups being made, yet. If you must do this, I’d try to use Registered Mail (which is slow and expensive, but the most secure.)

I think a safer option would be to buy or borrow a ScanSnap and run stacks of the photos through, if possible. Fragile ones can be scanned one at a time on a flatbed scanner, which are easy to find as part of an all-in-one printer.

Tedious, yes, but you can make an afternoon of it while listening to podcasts, or something.

I’m expecting the more traditional karma, where he comes back in his next life as a toad or…

:thinking:

You’re right. This is taking way too long.

5 Likes

I know that the way modern western society uses the word karma isn’t actually accurate, but in lieu of a better word it works; it’s taking way too long for this fucker to feel the negative consequences of his words and actions.

2 Likes

Yeah. A toad would actually be too kind.

1 Like

Dung beetle.

1 Like

getting there.

2 Likes