Trump tweets of executive order suspending all immigration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/trump-plans-executive-order-su.html

5 Likes

wow, just like it says on the statue of liberty:

“They’re not sending their best. They’re sending their murderers, their rapists, and some I assume, are good people.”

/sarc

37 Likes

How long before the executive order suspending all emigration?

44 Likes

I wish this man would demand an executive order for someone to make him shut the hell up.

Sorry I know that’s a rather childishly simple comment but it still applies.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Of course, this does not affect any pageant entrants lining up to be hi next wife.

19 Likes

I’m a little surprised at the thought that anyone is actually trying right now.

15 Likes

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

5 Likes

I’m guessing that, at the moment, immigration is at a complete standstill because none of the relevant offices are open. It’s really hard to tell these days whether Trump’s proclamations are empty grandstanding about something that’s already happening outside his control (and/or which he has no intention of doing) or represent actual power-grabs taking advantage of the fact that no one can oppose him at the moment…

34 Likes

Why not both?

19 Likes

The second option involves grandstanding, but it’s not empty… there’s something actually being done in that case.

8 Likes

well, you already can’t get new visas or passports so…

( citizen naturalization has also been suspended with no eta for resumption )

12 Likes

Tweet600W

9 Likes

Because Canada wants to hold a really really big party when it happens…

9 Likes

Who in the hell is trying to get into this shithole country?

18 Likes

Is Invisible Enemy the new official term?

7 Likes

I guess that calling it “The Yellow Peril” would be too on the nose.

5 Likes

Inscrutable might cause problems too.

3 Likes

I’m wonder if there is some plan on how agricultural needs will be met without legal, or illegal migrant workers?

I guess that is one way to ensure there is no unemployment, but from what I remember when I did a summer of migrant work, the pay was pretty poor in comparison to minimum wage.

9 Likes

For one, I doubt the :peach::hole: could spell it.

5 Likes