Trump tweets of executive order suspending all immigration

Maybe you should have thought about that before you spread the coronavirus around everywhere. (sarcasm)

Honestly surprised he hasn’t already…

4 Likes

I could adopt you, @orenwolf

12 Likes

Surely unwarranted snarky comments aren’t very… Canadian, at least by some idealistic standard.

I welcome immigrants from all over the globe based on who they are, not on who happens to be in power in the country of their birth. No celebrating those who are denied the opportunity.

(And some of our most productive citizens were born in the U.S. Many of my professors were draft dodgers who settled here to both our and their benefit.)

2 Likes

Orenwolf, you are just one shining example of the many immigrants on whom the country depends. I’m hoping your process will not be interrupted. This is surely not the most important reason, but…bb needs you!

8 Likes

Realistically, what this probably means is that people who are in the process will be denied and have to leave the country.

You wait and see. Very much in keeping with the playbook so far.

3 Likes

The latest in the Heather Cox Richardson thread that @milliefink has been posting to has some valuable context around this. Highly recommended.

6 Likes

Yep, she’s good with both context and relevant details.

For the sake of convenience:

Love the image too of Hoover being shunned by dogs and making even flowers wilt. :grin:

5 Likes

its really simple bob!
if you are a university student, professor, incarcerated, unemployed, uneducated, or developmentally disabled has the trump administration got a fix for you!

FORCED LABOR RE-EDUCATION CAMPS
will keep food on the imperial white house china.

he got the idea from his best friends the failed totalitarian state (pick one)

1 Like

Yeah the time to do this is long past.

1 Like

Yep, don’t hold your breath for that green card (not that you were anyhow now that you know how dysfunctional-by-design USCIS is).

6 Likes

Awesome.

12 Likes

Having gone through that miserable process many years ago, my sympathies are with you. There’s just a built-in resentment of or at least suspicion in the U.S. about someone with talent and education who’s willing to work hard and contribute daring to “steal” a slot from a totally unqualified (and usually uninterested) native-born American.

12 Likes

I welcome anyone who has the desire and stamina to come here, regardless of whether they’re a tech worker or a laborer who trekked up from El Salvador. Open the fucking borders, to everyone. We have lots of space, and will have more as people keep dying from the Trump virus.

3 Likes

But also we don’t want you if all you’re gonna do is freeload.

What do you mean Catch-22 isn’t a documentary?

5 Likes

Oh, ho! Au contraire, mon ami! The freeloaders who don’t pay taxes are welcomed with open arms… you know, the ones where greatgrandpappy’s money means they don’t lift anything heavier than a pen for tax deductible donations to the party that ensures that money will never be taxed. The trick is your freeloading needs to cost the government billions, not just a paltry couple thousand here and there.

12 Likes

Hell, I have to pay into both Medicare/Medicaid whatever and social security despite being ineligible for both.

8 Likes

Always weird seeing a guy married to an immigrant and only 3rd-generation American shitting in the plate he abundantly eats from.

6 Likes

Don’t forget his wife is Slovenian by birth… well, technically, she would have been born Yugoslav, but you know what I mean.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.