Trump unable to source his Venezuelan crime stats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/30/trump-unable-to-source-his-venezuelan-crime-stats.html

9 Likes

In my fantasy, interviewers will always end with, “We all know you are lying. Prove us wrong.”

30 Likes

Well, actually It doesn’t matter, isn´t it? Populist politicians can say a lot of b******* and their constituents will love all the pieces of lies, because it fits into their vision of the world.

21 Likes

I assume that would be driving distance for me (TV station was the Detroit Fox station). I would totally skip a hockey game to chow down on a large bag of popcorn to see such a debate in person this fall. :popcorn: [SNL Stephan gif goes here]

16 Likes

Pushbacks are rare, allowing bs to go unchallenged, something that followers could only read as something like verification of their beliefs. So, I say, let the pushbacks fly as often and as loudly as possible.

16 Likes

I agree with you. It would be nice to get real time fact check. It would be great to catch the liar in the middle of his act. I can even imagine some of them trying to intimidate the interviewer by asking if She/He is calling him/her a liar. A good interviewer would say no, but that none of what was said was true.

ETA

What has left me astonished is that many politicians around the world have lost the shame of saying the most offensive things and act in a totally hypocritical way and yet they are increasingly popular. This is not something restricted to right-wing or conservative politicians, but this side of the spectrum seems to benefit much more from behavior that would have previously been outrageous.

12 Likes

I’ve contacted the Venezuelan press and they were able to provide me this information:

Source: su culo

33 Likes

Oh, the famous think tank called Out of the A** Institute of Facts And Statistics.

17 Likes

Yep. Pretty sure you could retrieve the source if you bent Trump over and went in with rubber gloves. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Trump has NEVER actually demonstrated that he even knows how to debate. He just wanders off-topic into what ever trashcan fire of a lie he believes his followers will buy. It’s insane to actually agree to debate him.

12 Likes

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

12 Likes

16 Likes

NOPE NOPE NOPE. You couldn’t pay me enough to do that. (Well… unless it was a [REDACTED] coated in capsaicin and spikes…

I’d debate him, but only after I’ve had my lobotomy so we can be on even footing.
(something something refusing to have a battle of wits with an umarmed person…)

6 Likes
10 Likes

Don’t be silly. Right-wingers don’t have to source anything they say about Venezuela. they just bleat the name like it’s a punchline to a bad joke and the anglo media lap it up. That’s how things have been for the last 20 years.

13 Likes

Well, to be fair, this is true of 38.6% of every statistic quoted on the internet.

12 Likes

“The Biden crime family don’t want you to know that, but it’s true. They invited John Wayne Gacy to the White House. No, it’s true, it’s true. They gave him an award. You won’t hear that in the liberal media. Only on Trvth Social, the world’s most successful social media platform. The Venezuelans, they’re sending their criminals to the US. In buses, in planes, on boats. Riding donkeys. In those little tiny cars. You open the door and twenty of them get out, one after another. Hardened criminals. The worst. The other day, a Venezuelan man, this big strong Venezuelan man, he said to me, Mr. Trump, sir, thank you. It’s so quiet in Caractacus now – Caractacus, that’s the capital of Venezuela, not a lot of people know that. It’s so quiet because all the criminals have gone away. You chased them out, sir. And I said, it’s true, it’s true. I was very tough on crime. In the US, in Venezuela, in Australia, everywhere. But Joe Biden, Sleepy Joe Biden, I call him, he let them in. They’re in the US now. It’s terrible, simply terrible. So sad.”

17 Likes

The cultists will believe him and repeat it ad nauseam.

5 Likes

I guess I wouldn’t make a very good interviewer :grimacing:

5 Likes

Only because the fascinating witches
Who put the scintillating stitches in the britches of the boys
Who put the powder on the noses of the faces of the ladies
Of the harem of the court of King Caractacus
Have just passed by.

12 Likes