Trump uses racist 'Kung Flu' slur against Asians again, was 'coronavirus' too many syllables?

kung flu has had an alt-right subreddit focusing on blaming China for the pandemic at least since March 2020.

4 Likes

Bigly flu? Yuge flu!

1 Like

The CHEERS for it are the sickest thing. They were just waiting for him to say it, and when he did, they cheered like crazy. What evil simpletons, but this is our future Republican party: 100% pro-Trump, unless something drastic changes among those “Young Americans for Freedom”

7 Likes

None of which changes the fact that Trump is intentionally using the term as a racist slur against the Chinese and in a way that encourages bigotry against Asian Americans.

Also, “become a Kung Flu fighter!” at least made sense in the context of encouraging people to get a flu shot and thus reduce the risk of disease to themselves and others. Trump is doing the opposite; downplaying the danger of a deadly (non-flu) disease by suggesting it’s no more dangerous than an ordinary influenza strain.

15 Likes

It’ll happen because the tRump stains look up to their bully boy fuckstain leader.

And I guarantee you it will be small Asian women who are targeted. Very Asian looking halfbreeds like myself standing at average to slightly above average height with my Dad’s German bloodline’s “farmer” frame and not significantly overweight at ~200# will get nasty looks, but nobody will try shit because of the chance of pissing off someone who could potentially do damage. The bullies will go after the smaller and perceived as “meek” (because racism yah? Has anyone ever met an Asian mom not to be feared?).

Hopefully any assholes who try this will run into someone like my late Mom who was a fireball that could improvise a weapon out of anything.

17 Likes

So, it is working as intended; the brain-fucking Vladislav Surkov Effect.

2 Likes

Duh. COVID-19 is obviously the successor to COVID-18. We hear Bill Gates is about to release the new and improved COVID-20.
(“What do you mean, our product has bugs? Our product has no bugs! Our product is the bug!!”)

1 Like

I guess that “Flu attained by determined effort” might be applicable to those who refuse to wear masks or practice social distancing.

3 Likes

Nor would statues of him

Netherlands national football team isn’t amused to the association with the colour orange with the person in question.

https://www.onsoranje.nl/

3 Likes

Presumably they are aware that their colour has other problematic associations.

3 Likes

They’ve already targeted Asian kids since Cheetolini started the whole racist talking point.

7 Likes

15 Likes

derry-girls-cant-marry-orangeman

5 Likes

There sort of is, and it is my favorite monument to bring up when people talk about monuments to the traitors of the Civil War. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Monument

1 Like

Got to be something drastically wrong with him. Looks like he’s sweating profusely and just rambling and out of it most of the time.

Seems to me the current standing American president is the most well-known traitor in American history. He just hasn’t been convicted yet.

4 Likes

He is stuck in the 1970s. He thinks if he says Kung Flu enough times it’s gonna stick. It’s been awesome to see the result - mainstream media is reporting on his set up to the joke, instead of the joke he’s trying to make. That is, that he inexplicably STILL doesn’t know what the “19” in Covid-19 stands for. Only one person can’t explain the 19.

3 Likes

Ugh. Why am I so not surprised.

Hopefully any kid who gets targeted also has a “roof Korean” for a dad.

2 Likes

The leg had no part in the treason - and so military honors are still rendered to its grave, with the name blotted out.

I had a high-school history teacher who was found of pointing out that Arnold wasn’t only the best general on both sides, he was the best general on either side. He was truly brilliant, and deserves the honors for defeating Gentleman Johnny at Saratoga.

Another monument to the damnation of Arnold’s memory is the Saratoga Monument, commemorating that Revolutionary War victory. It has bronze statues of Horatio Gates (facing north, to confront Burgoyne’s force from Canada), Daniel Morgan (looking west, to command his force cutting off British retreat to the Mohawk valley), Philip Schuyler (looking east to his Saratoga estate, burnt by the British), and an empty niche facing south, where Arnold’s statue would stand were it not for his later treachery.

Arnold also has a plaque at West Point, among the others commemorating the general officers of the Revolution. His is unique in that it enumerates his rank, and his accomplishments, but bears no name.

2 Likes