Trump wants 25% cut in US military fund to deter Russian aggression

That investment worked so well it’s kinda scary.

putin laughing

22 Likes

Can we get this as a bumper sticker, please?

2 Likes

As a compromise, can we get Mexico to pay for that 25%?

8 Likes

Is he, though? What would the consequences be? At this point he could allow Russia to annex Alaska and even Murkowski would get on the wagon.

8 Likes

It won’t pass Trump will have no choice to impound the moneys and dare Congress into doing something about it.

3 Likes

Drumpf seeks to nominate fox to guard henhouse, in other news.

6 Likes

SDNY and the attorneys general of NY, VA and DC are our last hope.

3 Likes

Fox has been guarding the henhouse for years now; that’s partly how we got here.

3 Likes
7 Likes

45 is Putin’s tool.

6 Likes

On the plus side, Russian oligarchs have considerable investment in the west. I doubt they’d be happy slagging it.

5 Likes

I mean, I don’t know what I can add here- his entire presidency has been constant criticism of bending over for Putin, so of course, to assuage any doubt, he proposes cutting our military because it upsets Russia?

This is as open and clear cut as it gets folks. Every single time, open praise- and direct fear of Putin.

Republicans disgust me, I can’t believe I have to call myself American while they protect this walking orange Putin puppet

7 Likes

But don’t you see this was an Obama Administration initiative. It has to be wrong. My President is trying to take down or marginalize everything that man accomplished.

1 Like

Sarah Palin would at last be able to see Russia from her window.

6 Likes

Everyone is piling in on Trumpty Dumpty doing this as a Russian thing. Which it is.

But it is also very much a ‘two fingers to Europe’ thing given his hatred in that direction, too. Do not lose sight of this.

8 Likes

The correct term is “Puppet”.
Tools can do something useful.

3 Likes

Well. In principle I think that all american slashing in it’s absurd spending on the military (industrial complex) is a good thing. This seems suspicously specific though… :thinking:

Come back when Trump has announced as 25%-75% cut on all military expenditure and I would argue that for once he has done something good.

3 Likes

Redirect funds (all of them) from Trump’s golf trip budget to make up for the difference.

3 Likes

He’s experienced zero consequences for a life of bad behavior and selfishness, so not sure why he’s going to suddenly change.

3 Likes

Given that there is andnever has been any Russian aggression this seems to make sense. Of course, Trump is planning on stealing the money but it’s better than another food stamp cut.