Trump wants a goth brutalist border wall with black spikes (no, really)

Isn’t that simply brutality or brutal?

8 Likes

The magnificent Holy Trinity Church in Wien-Mauer, Austria. Mmmmm…

10 Likes

16 Likes

rule 1 of brutalism:

Use black and white photography:

You’ve got to add that extra va va voom to the water stains.

This is not a just a house of God, but a house of correction!

18 Likes

Gene Simmons is a sexist piece of shit.

Also, not goth.

25 Likes

Pathetic little swine wants an erection he can not have…a monument to hate. The irony of his hatred for brown people shines on him with all his efforts to look tan and fit. Perhaps it’s just me but he seems to be fueling his destruction of the US with most lust and enthusiasm every time he finds a new way to hurt people. He’s like a tick sucking the soul out of our nation. History will gouge us hard for allowing this pig to the trough.

13 Likes

it’s a technique. it means everyone has to go to him so he can make the final decision. and, if the decision is wrong? no problem, he meant the other thing.

11 Likes

Except when illegally employed at his various hotels/golf clubs/sweatshops etc…

10 Likes

This thread needs The Research Institute for Experimental Medicine in Berlin.

25 Likes

I’ve worked for someone like this. Actually, I just quit that job last week, and my last day is next Friday. :tipping_hand_woman:

12 Likes

Oh my. I thought you were joking. That’s… something.

4 Likes

Trump was going to build a “beautiful” wall. Obviously the guy* has no taste.

Note that I refrained from calling him what he really is.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I’d like to imagine those dumpsters in the parking lot are part of the design.

5 Likes

Here’s the wiki entry for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture
It’s really all about the concrete (or at least brick wall) and neither masking it, nor the particular function of a building.
Brutalist architecture does not try to look menacing (needs to be regularly power washed though), while it often does look exaggerated and imposing.

4 Likes

Well it wouldn’t look so bad were the facade anywhere near properly clean.

1 Like

No, no… he still hates them when they work for him he is exploiting them directly.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Now that’s a bunker…such air handling(all the tubes) all the cooling towers(roof stuff) that place needs to emit an impenetrable wall of black smoke and broadcast propaganda to the masses.

5 Likes

Though I think we all agree that the library could really use some flat black spikes on it. And all the post offices too…

2 Likes

The garbage bins are a nice touch. Though they should be made from concrete too…

3 Likes