Trump wants to hand a $100,000,000,000 tax cut to the super-rich, without Congressional approval

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/31/0-1-percent-gets-66-percent.html

5 Likes

the move would cost the US government $100 billion and 97% of that would go to the top 10% of US earners (66% would go to the 0.1% of US earners).

Hey Real Americans™ in the Heartland who voted for Il Douche, the dreaded Coastal Elites once again say “thanks for the extra money, suckahs!”

21 Likes

funny how this administration would want to do this…

allow Americans to factor in inflation when calculating capital gains

But they don’t seem to want to factor in inflation when CALCULATING BASE PAY AND SALARIES OF THE REST OF US.

Assholes.

35 Likes

This is what running government like a business looks like.

23 Likes

Mr. Norquist is a disgrace to the name “Grover”. No Grover worthy of the appellation would try to screw the entire country and then expect people to pay him for the privilege.

Just sayin’.

22 Likes

Tax the rich?! We should be paying the rich, because they are so great for America.

9 Likes

What will it take for people to rise up and take back America by force?

1 Like

But… but! If we don’t fork money hand-over-fist to the already wealthy, how will tinkle-down economics work? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to the guillotine stage of making America great again.

3 Likes

Trump and his looters are obviously betting that they’ll hold onto power indefinitely (or they’ll take their money and go into hiding in a Caribbean tax-haven with no extradition treaty).

“The poor man has a stake in the country, the rich man hasn’t; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.”
-Gk Chesterton

20 Likes

case in point:
https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/the-super-rich-are-hedging-their-bets-by-getting-multiple-passports/

5 Likes

So the question is, Bizarro Super Grover or Mirror Mirror Universe Grover? He needs to grow a goatee.

I think we’re more than halfway there, except the “people” may not be the ones you had in mind…

2 Likes

Either way, I find Grover Norquist to be an absolute loon. Every single time he speaks it is contrary to every bit of logic in existence. Additionally, it is nearly always contrary to what Robert Reich says…which just cements Norquist being an idiot in my book.

maybe I am biased.

5 Likes

I’d be OK with this…if they indexed EVERYTHING to inflation! Like minimum wage, school funding, etc, and restricted rises too, like in housing, medical costs and college costs. Yeah, I know, consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

6 Likes

We can’t even be bothered to go vote every couple of years. There’s not going to be any rising up, especially not by anyone on the left.

1 Like

Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.

I’m game. But let’s level the playing field and allow normal citizens to only pay taxes on net like businesses and incorporated people do instead of on gross like we do now.

2 Likes

It’s a bust out.

3 Likes

Oh come now, the Republican congress clearly approves. Why just last week they were trying to figure out how to run another round of tax cuts for the rich.