Trump wants to hand a $100,000,000,000 tax cut to the super-rich, without Congressional approval

“or they’ll take their money and go into hiding in a Caribbean tax-haven with no extradition treaty”

And that’s where the US carrier fleet may come in handy. Park one of those babies outside a tax haven and demand they hand over a complete list of bank accounts.

2 Likes

well, a plan would be nice.

2 Likes

Remember, folks. This is something so evil and despicable that W was given the chance to do this and decided, “nah… that would be too fucked up.”

14 Likes

22 Likes

The mental midget trump supporters will praise him and redouble their efforts to vote for trump in November. When they realize this is another financial fiasco and will economically be detrimental to them, they will blame the Dem’s, Progressives, Obama and Hillary and redouble their efforts to vote for trump in November.

Trump criticizing 3D-printed guns (and possibly all guns, knowing how smoothly he handles complex issues) in such a way as to offend the NRA badly enough to take action?

1 Like

Although since the federal government is funded by American Workers, it’s kind of a distinction without a difference. But of course in the 80s-10s the payroll taxes in excess of those needed to fund fund contemporary SS payments were put into the “SS Trust fund,” full of special, non-negotiable bonds. Effectively, they were used to help pay for the Reagan tax cuts…At some level, the theoretical idea was that the increased growth and investment that enabled would enable the economy to be big enough to pay for the baby boomers to retire as they got older. But the rich are just like any other feckless borrower. They’re happy to get the money when you give it to them but are very unhappy to pay it back when it is due. And THAT is where we are now. The wealthy were happy to get tax cuts back when SS payroll taxes were taking in more than was needed but are trying very hard to not have to redeem the special bonds in the trust fund by paying more (somewhat progressive) income taxes today.

5 Likes

If we don’t provide cash incentives for being fabulously wealthy then nobody will want to do it!

8 Likes

So is he a good Grover or a bad Grover? My read is that he was a decent guy who had the misfortune to govern at really difficult time in our history, and he seems sort of huggable, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Except that having tax revenue is actually important.

1 Like

He dreamed up his anti-tax pledge when he was a 12-year-old Nixon acolyte, but the guy is not an economic Mozart. He was a selfish pre-teen who told selfish adults what they already believed. I cannot understand why anyone gives this guy airtime.

4 Likes

no. mainly because they probably taste like ass.

TV stations are EXPENSIVE. What income percentile do you think owns most of them?

Also, I think you’re gonna need some powerful allies. And by “powerful”, I mean the most powerfulest.

Pets & beasts of burden are gonna need food too.

1 Like

I love my doggo. I’m not feeding her that crap either!!!

4 Likes

And veggies grow beautifully in all that lovely compost.

No one ever said it was a one-step process.

3 Likes

Why would opposition to 3D printed guns offend the NRA, the gun makers’ lobby?

1 Like