Trump was to testify today in court: "President Trump doesn't cower." He's just chickened out

I’m assuming “swing voter” is just another way of saying “terminally uninformed”.

5 Likes

Yeah, to the point where the news “quote” simply isn’t actually a quote at all. It’s a summation, a charitable interpretation, of his claim, with the insanity removed, presented as if it were a quote. All part of the media normalizing Trump’s craziness.

The trick is, the longer, crazier statements are always the real Trump quote - always. No one can manage to match Trump, even in parodies - even for those who manage to recreate his style/content, there’s always an instinct to make the text more coherent, more concise, more readable than the real thing.

I was reading that bit and thinking there’s no way anyone actually testified to that, but at the same time I’m wondering, “Is Trump really lying about court testimony, that’s easily checked?” Turns out, Turnip might not have been lying entirely - though I’m not sure that’s what the guy actually said. Because he did, indeed, get favorable testimony from a New York University Stern School of Business research professor - after paying him nearly a million dollars to testify on his behalf.

It was interesting to me how Trump did what Alex Jones did - trying to present evidence during the penalty phase of the trial. It wasn’t just that they were trying to introduce evidence in the wrong way, but were trying to do so after having completely failed to make their case earlier, at the appropriate time. (And I’m guessing for the same reason - so they could cry, “Look, I’m not even being allowed to present evidence and defend myself!”)

And, in that pro-wrestling spirit, that move was probably a bit of theater aimed entirely at his base, to create supposed evidence that he was being treated unfairly, rather than as something he actually expected to fly in court. (I mean, his lawyers would have told him it wasn’t going to work.)

11 Likes

I actually enjoy it when Trump rants in all caps.

(Stealing some else’s line)
When Trump replies (squeals) in all caps, that means the spear had struck the pig in the right place.

13 Likes

There are lots of eligible voters who do not vote. I presume, they all fall into the swing category too.

They exist for lots of reasons. The GOP making it harder and harder to vote is a big one of them.

4 Likes

sdm,IMG-20181010-WA0001

7 Likes

It’s not so much that we have to persuade the people who can’t decide who to vote for as we have to persuade people who might decide to not vote, or to vote third party as a “protest” vote. Trump won in 2016 because turnout was so low, and he lost in 2020 because turnout was higher. Trump is not normal, this is not a normal election, these are not normal times.

10 Likes

Paid, or promised? :rofl:

11 Likes

One would hope that even a morally bankrupt PROFESSOR would be smart enough to get the cash up front when dealing with Trump. Because if he was angling for a position in the next Trump administration he would presumably done it for free.

9 Likes

I think most poll numbers are based on “likely voters.”

4 Likes

It is worth $1.8bn because of the impeccable taste with which it is decorated and furnished. It’s like the Cistine Chapel of Florida golf resorts, easily worth every penny of those $2bn. Also, its association with the soon-to-be-president-for-life Donald Trump, the man who single-handedly made America great again, makes it a historic treasure on the same level as the Vatican or Buckingham Palace. Its worth is literally incalculable, and $5bn is a conservative estimate. Without even mentioning the oil drilling rights, which probably add another $10bn to its value, bringing it to a round $25bn. And notice we haven’t even mentioned the bathrooms full of classified documents, which are worth at least as much again if sold to the right foreign adversary. In short, Mar-a-Lago would be criminally undervalued at $100bn, and Trump would be justified in reckoning its worth at 2 or 3 times that. At least.

12 Likes

Wisely, he made sure the Trump organization was paying him, not Trump himself…

7 Likes

I always thought that the Posse Comitatus Act prevented the deployment of federal forces on U.S. soil, but after additional reading, it seems like there are loopholes big enough to drive a tank through. I am not a lawyer, but it almost seems like that loophole is “The President can ignore this law for just about any b.s. reason they feel like, up to and including the ever ill-defined idea of ‘terrorism.’” And of course to Trump, “not getting my way” = “terrorism.”

Of course, MAGA governors could always deploy state-controlled National Guard troops anyway. I assume it would work as well now as it did at Kent State in 1970.

5 Likes

I’m guessing that Trump’s next fallback position will be to claim Sovereign Citizenship. It appears he would fit right in.

" The sovereign citizen movement (also SovCit movement or SovCits) is a loose group of litigants, anti-government activists, tax protesters, financial scammers, and conspiracy theorists based mainly in the United States."

8 Likes

The orange twatwaffle has already declared that he will do away with posse comitatus “on day one”. People don’t seem to realize what a threat that actually poses.

7 Likes

President Trump doesn’t cower," she said.

President Trump doesn’t exist. He’s not President any more and I sincerely hope he never will be again.

2 Likes

Brave Sir Donald ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When the law reared it’s ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Donald turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Donald!

10 Likes

“Nothing more to say?” HA!!

6 Likes

“undie turd”

1 Like

Well, he has no constitutional right to repeal a law just because he wants to. He’d have to convince Congress to repeal it. (Or…well…just ignore its existence, like he does with so many other laws, although this would be a much bigger ask of a LOT more people than just getting tacit approval to be a tax cheat.) But I’d like to think that, aside from the most diehard, bootlicking MAGAts in Congress, most reps would hesitate to authorize full federal military deployment in their own freakin’ states. You can’t own the libs when the drones are pointed at your house, too. And isn’t that why they all allegedly need assault weapons at home? To keep the government from pushing them around? The cognitive dissonance of “don’t tread on me” vs “put your boot on my neck Orange Daddy” will be challenging.

4 Likes

Honestly, they’re up to that challenge.

Positive change to face the challenges of the world are past them but hypocrisy is their superpower.

10 Likes