Trump weirdly defensive of Russia in his first comments on Russian hack of U.S. government

Weird? He has seen what happens to Russian agents who cease to be useful. Not weird, absolutely predictable.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Is it too late to bring back the term Shitgibbon?

6 Likes

There was an argument made right after the 2016 election that Trump couldn’t admit to Russian interference in the election because it made his win less legitimate, and he couldn’t acknowledge that, but that it didn’t necessarily prove he was complicit. It was a not unreasonable argument. But Trump outright denying all the things that have happened afterwards, involving Russian attacks on the US, conclusively prove that Trump has some deeply self-interested reasons for protecting Putin that indicate Trump’s complicit as hell. (Because Trump only does things out of self-interest.)

Yeah, I’ve been wondering that myself. Is it past deals (money laundering for Putin, Putin owns his debts), and/or the promise of future deals with Putin (e.g. Moscow Trump Towers)? Normally these kinds of scandals reveal themselves in time, but the level of financial secrecy and obfuscation involved here might make that impossible.

5 Likes

No, they should leave them in place and develop secure systems to run instead. While the new systems are put in place, they should whine publicly about the inability to create secure alternatives. As the final step, they should flood the old networks with disinformation, sit back, and wait…
:smiling_imp:

10 Likes

Never! Add “Orange”, “Deranged”, both, or an extra epithet of your choice for greater punchiness.

3 Likes

In other news, after congratulating himself on having defeated the coronavirus, Trump has directed the NIH to devote their efforts towards developing an vaccine for Polonium.

6 Likes

He never stopped being a shitgibbon. We just developed a case of shitgibbon fatigue.

6 Likes

He’ll also need to start carrying a novichok antidote.

4 Likes

A good sub is loyal to its Dom

2 Likes

2 Likes

You have an evil mind. I like it!

3 Likes

I’m going to assume Xeni is missing a /s

2 Likes

He’s subservient to anyone whose face he can’t trample on. He never saw a jackboot he didn’t want to lick. Lordosis is his default posture.

1 Like

This doesn’t even seem to be talking about the SolarWinds hack, he’s still going on about voting machines and insane conspiracy theories.

That looks like Bill Plympton.

If you are a fan of his work, he is doing a kickstarter.

2 Likes

My guess is he still wants the Trump Tower Moscow project to go through. Just imagine how much he could charge those Russian Oligarchs per night.

1 Like

Trump administration says Russia behind SolarWinds hack. Trump himself begs to differ

1 Like

How about Red-Republican? It’s not a communist country anymore but Red is the new White to Republicans. Those MAGA hats always made me think of the old Soviet Union.

1 Like