Trump: 'We're building a wall in Colorado'

What makes you say that?

5 Likes

Well he’s giving New Mexico to Turkey and Russia to administer as a buffer zone.

28 Likes

Wow, didn’t even know he was in my city until I read this. Ugh, I think I need to go take a shower now.

8 Likes

“You’ll never have another president like me,” Trump says, it seems specifically about his regulatory and energy policies. “That’s for sure.”

Oh thank the twelve gods, that’s something Donald and I can both get behind.

28 Likes

This latest Trump brainfart makes me wonder . . . What happens if the Cabinet finally finds a spine and invokes the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office for being mentally incapable of performing his duties, at the same time the House issues articles of impeachment for his many blatant crimes? Let’s try it and find out.

10 Likes

I think we should amend the Constitution to ensure he’s right.

2 Likes

Oh gods, am imagining his moribund intellect making a Keep Very Bad New Mexicans out of the US 2020 campaign platform.

8 Likes

What does he think this is - the mythical lost chapter from We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury?

14 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he thought New Mexico wasn’t part of the United States. Apparently plenty of people (who, granted, are not the POTUS) don’t get it straight. A magazine there used to keep track of the misunderstandings, e.g. when the USPS would return a letter addressed to New Mexico because it lacked sufficient postage for sending it internationally.

His helicopter was near my neighborhood a couple weeks ago.

4 Likes

The border with Colorado? And are the complaints more about quality or lead time?

15 Likes

Remember when Obama accidentally said “51 states” during a campaign stop in 2008 and every Republican with an internet connection used it for years as proof of what a phenomenal moron he was?

Ah, good times. Hashtag tan suit.

31 Likes

25th Amendment is harder than impeachment. If Trump contests it, it takes a 2/3 majority of both houses of Congress to throw him out.

4 Likes

Maybe he’s secretly a Michael Jackson fan, “mama se, mama sah, mah-ma, coo sah…”

14 Likes

And it’s already been pointed out that the Cabinet lacks a quorum of confirmed members to even initiate it. Acting Secretaries of Whatever aren’t recognized by the Constitution.

20 Likes

Senator Leahy’s tweet has a different take:

30 Likes

:rofl: The CO/KS boarder is basically just one long traffic stop these days. I assume for quality control purposes.

7 Likes

Yeah, but this wall will keep all the new Mexicans out.

14 Likes

What, no wall for Alabama? How’re they gonna keep the hurricanes away?

11 Likes
6 Likes

That was my not joking thought, he thinks New Mexico is part of Mexico.

16 Likes