Trump won't attempt to prosecute Hillary

the comments here are amusing:

6 Likes
29 Likes

Trump may be the first President of my lifetime whose best possible course would be to break each and every campaign promise.

29 Likes

The first comment I saw was “Well at least my President doesn’t DEPLORE me!”

Psst… hey buddy… yes, he does.

24 Likes

Not exactly true. Disdain is more what he feels for the poor.

11 Likes

I’m wondering if around about now, Trump’s starting to curse all of the people who actually voted for him.

5 Likes

How can this possibly be? Gracious!

I wonder what Breitbart chair Bannon thinks of Breitbart this morning with their disappointment in Trump.

4 Likes

Except the TPP one; cool if he sticks by that

2 Likes

Either she did something criminal or not. Deciding not to prosecute is like a king granting some kind of largess.

Of course he also said he wasn’t taking it off the table either . . . so we can have it both ways: “I’m not going to pursue an investigation, but I still might.”

In other words, Trump is a bullshitter.

So, long story short, America got bamboozled because enough people fell for the Trump University scam all over again.

8 Likes

Except that the decision to prosecute was never under his purview in the first place. The authority to appoint a special prosecutor resides with the Attorney General, not the President. The last President who used the power of the Executive branch to target political enemies was Richard Nixon, and that abuse of power was one of the key reasons he faced impeachment.

9 Likes

Hey, Trump loves the poorly educated. He said so, and you know he’s telling the truth because he said that too.

5 Likes

Today I saw a pickup truck with this on the back in large black stick-on lettering:
I AM DEPLORABAL! TRUMP 2016

I’m sure Trump loves them.

2 Likes

Boy, is twitter an awkward media for any coherent argument more than one sentence long. Insert disk 13 of 14, anyone?

6 Likes
  1. We should make a list of all Trump’s campaign promises, and begin crossing them off, one by one.

2. We should begin cataloging every indiscretion, and ask “if Hillary did this, would conservatives consider it an impeachable offense?”

Because we can expect four years of conservatives making excuses.

4 Likes

gamify it, the first one can be done as a bullshit bingo

3 Likes

Well, in less than two weeks…

At what point do his fans admit they were duped by a Democrat running as a fake Republican?

5 Likes

That said, he’s doing enough awful stuff and appointing enough awful people already. We don’t need more.

If he does give Romney the SoS job, it’s really going to upset some people.

4 Likes

His proposed cabinet is a who’s who of awfulness. It’s as if he looked at each position and said “who can I choose who will do the most possible harm and work against the best interests of Americans in this position? Yeah, this guy. Perfect.”

Romney’s been a voice of anger and reason against Trump during the campaign. Not that I ever held Mitt in any great regard, but if he joins the team, he’ll lose any possible clout he gained during this process.

5 Likes

When Newt Gingrich and Paul Ryan feel safe and sane by comparison, I know we are in a roost turvy works with the Trump appointees.

6 Likes

[quote=“nungesser, post:18, topic:89928”]His proposed cabinet is a who’s who of awfulness. It’s as if he looked at each position and said “who can I choose who will do the most possible harm and work against the best interests of Americans in this position? Yeah, this guy. Perfect.”[/quote]Ben Carson did not end up as secretary of education, as was briefly speculated. So, y’know, things could be worse.

1 Like