Trump won't stop tearing up official papers so the White House archives employ a staff to tape them back together for the National Archives

17 Likes

This! Our president can’t learn new things! He is cognitively compromised! Why aren’t we all in a panic about this?!

3 Likes

taptaptap

10 Likes

he did it deliberately.

It’s just his 5th dimensional filing system.

7 Likes

So sick of this shit.

35 Likes

Ok. I know I’m being naive, but isn’t flagrantly, repeatedly violating the Presidential Records Act (yet another) impeachable offense? I mean, I can’t see anyone going on record as wanting to remove a sitting president for tearing up paper. And we all know an impeachment will never happen. But theoretically?

30 Likes

This article sort of misrepresents what actually happened. The White House fired these guys for preserving presidential records. It’s Orwellian, but not in the way the article’s title and Cory’s post make it sound. These were the guys pulling things back out of the Memory Hole, until someone got wind of it.

11 Likes

The hypocrisy of the Republican party knows no bounds. They said Hillary Clinton needed to be locked up because she deleted emails and used a personal server (and maybe that’s true) but if so then George W. Bush should have been prosecuted for also having his staff use a private server (gwb43.com) and deleting several million emails. And even if you give Bush a “mulligan” because email was some new confusing technology to him and his staff, there’s no confusion about what shredding papers represents here.

22 Likes

Someone please FOI some of these docs.

13 Likes

It’s a criminal act. Everyone wants to talk about how stupid he’s being and all I want to talk about his how criminal he’s being.

25 Likes

For $70,000 a year, it seems like these guy’s time would be better spent printing official documents onto tyvec or some other, more durable material.

15 Likes

say what?

1 Like

It’s not that he doesn’t understand that he should not do this. It’s that he doesn’t care as he doesn’t expect to suffer any consequences.

10 Likes

Yeah, but he can just pardon himself, again. Because he said so, and his legal opinion is the only one that matters.
I’m not joking, I don’t see anyone stopping him.

3 Likes

My guess is that the two who were fired were caught in a purge looking for leaks. Never mind that there’s no evidence of them leaking, and that their job was a legally required task. When it turns out they were not replaced, hopefully prosecutors can add this to Trump’s list and extend his sentence.

7 Likes

“How DARE you try to obey the law!”

7 Likes

but-her-emails-1

29 Likes

mmm, Buttery Males

7 Likes

Exactly. And if anyone asks why any especially ‘troublesome’ documents were torn up, Trump can say, Heck! I tear ALL my documents up.

8 Likes