Trump's desperate slut-shaming attempt backfires in last night's debate

Originally published at: Trump's debate meltdown: Slut-shaming attempt falls flat - Boing Boing

1 Like

Yet here you are, ET: offering us freshly fallen apples off the ground.

28 Likes

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

None of that was slut shaming…

“I dunno. I mean all I can say is that I read where she was not Black. That she put out. And… I’ll say that. And then I read that she was Black. And that’s OK. Either one was OK with me. That’s up to her.”

and Betty Bowers didn’t call it slut shaming… she called it misogynistic. It’s also very racist.

I guess the “she put out” could be… but… I don’t actually remember that being what he said… and I’m not going to click through to “X” to find out…

I dunno… this… do better.

31 Likes

45 Likes

When I heard this in context, and allowing for the disjointed and barely intelligible nature of Il Douche’s stream-of-consciousness, I heard “I read she was not Black, then she put out [that she was Black] (thought interrupted by some unrelated flatulence) and then I read that she was Black.” Not that he would not stoop to slut shaming, but I do not think this was that. Just typical Trump-babble.

65 Likes

Judging by the current track record, I’m not sure that’s even possible.

14 Likes

Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

21 Likes

25 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

12 Likes

Yeah I’m not normally one to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on the “that was taken out of context” excuse but “put out” really does have radically different meanings in different contexts and this was a disjointed racist rant, not a slut-shaming rant.

24 Likes

“I dunno. I mean all I can say is that I read where she was not Black. That she put out. And… I’ll say that. And then I read that she was Black. And that’s OK. Either one was OK with me. That’s up to her.”

firefly-serenity

8 Likes

I don’t think we really use that language any more.
But he IS old and stupid.

I did hear him say it though.

1 Like

i’m confused? Do you mean the term “put out” in a slut shaming way? :thinking:

And it’s entirely plausible that he’d use a phrase like “put out” in that way, but I just don’t think that’s what happened in this case. He’s saying “put out” as in to present information. He’s not really on the cutting edge of linguistic niceties after all…

19 Likes

I’m not normally generous in my interpretation to Drumpfspeak, but that sounds a lot like an attempt to defend his “beliefs” by claiming that she never put out a statement that she was black. Which… duh, what does the racist fuckwit expect, a birth certificate? Oh wait…

The Freudian slip is certainly showing as he skirts the issue though, practically dragging on the ground like toilet paper stuck to a shoe.

14 Likes

Yeah, that is what I meant.

But… who can know.
Who would even want to know?

The workings of that creatures brain will remain beyond the knowing.
It’s for the best.

4 Likes

This was my interpretation too. Does anybody really think if Trump was going to slut shame her that he’d be subtle about it? This is a guy who just recently amplified memes about her and blowjobs on his hate site FFS.

22 Likes

Maybe Trump didn’t mean it in a slut-shaming way but so what? If the guy hands his opponents a possible beat stick, they should get to walloping him with it.

This isn’t about being fair. The GOPpers aren’t fair, they cheat every single way they can. Cheat the ass off them back.

2 Likes

There are a mountain of unambiguously horrible things he did say yesterday, though, and that’s before you get to the debate.

12 Likes

Hell, that probably happens before he eats his bowl of Cap’n Crunch…

As far as the debate last night, this was my favorite meme this morning -

22 Likes

34 Likes