Trump's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen reaches guilty plea deal in tax and bank fraud case

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/21/michael-cohen-exploring-plea.html

6 Likes

download-1

23 Likes

283gyt

28 Likes

Cohen, 2017: “I would take a bullet for Trump.”
Cohen, 2018: “Just tell me which part of Trump’s back you’d like me to insert the knife.”

28 Likes

download

20 Likes
7 Likes

attorneys

21 Likes

7 Likes

Whatever the deal, and whatever he spills about Spanky, he should get at least one year for wearing that sports jacket. You all know which one.

11 Likes

I imagine Donnie’s bone spurs are acting up today.

10 Likes

13 Likes

18 Likes

I have this sinking feeling none of this will really matter in relation to Trump. They will need something iron clad and egregious to impeach and I don’t think they have have that. It will amount to a lot of other political shenanigans where stuff maybe wrong but not technically illegal. Or they find the intent for malice wasn’t there, etc, etc. Most of these are corruption scandals. The collusion evidence doesn’t seem to be there. If it is there it isn’t going to be enough to nail Trump. Plus the investigation is taking so long, he may just bail for a 2nd term and the point is moot.

The political elite, even the really inept ones, are protected by the system. You gotta REALLY fuck up for something to happen :confused:

4 Likes

I wore that sport coat yesterday to work!

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

(Michael really needs a brother who’s a better lawyer than he is to call when he’s in trouble…)

7 Likes

Yeah, there is no guilt by association. I think politically this is all really bad for the Trump administration, but I’m not going to hold my breath for impeachment.

A candidate asking for dirt on a political opponent during an election from a foreign power. Then an attorney admitting to it on television is probably impeachable.

It’s probably not definable as collusion, even though the media likes to use that word. But it is conspiracy to exchange information with a hostile foreign power and not report those dealings and likely means some of Trump’s staff violated Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

In addition, attempting to manipulate a Presidential election can easily fall under seditious conspiracy. And if a prosecutor were clever enough, making the charge of insurrection stick means he is immediately disqualified from being President and cannot pardon himself or anyone else.

It’s very clear to me that Donald Trump has violated the emoluments clause, but the House and Senate don’t care. My guess is half of them also violate this clause.

I think we should send everyone to prison. Really drain the swamp, starting at the top and work our way down.

4 Likes

Actually there is. Its called conspiracy, being an accomplice, and sometimes racketeering. Especially when that association is professional and involved doing illegal acts at the behest of others.

Collusion is a catch all terms. John Dean put it best:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/12/what-is-collusion-215366

Collusion is the descriptive word the news media has settled on to cover many potential illegal actions by the Trump campaign, which could range from aiding and abetting (18 USC 2) to conspiracy per se (18 USC 371) to conspiring to violate several potentially applicable laws like: 18 USC 1030—fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 18 USC 1343—wire fraud; or 52 USC 30121—contributions and donations by foreign nationals. Also, 18 USC 2381—for, contrary to a widespread belief that there must be a declared war, the Justice Department as recently as 2006 indicted for “aid and comfort” to our enemies, the form of collusion better known as treason. Collusion is the perfect word to cover such crimes, pejorative and inclusive.

9 Likes

Pics or it didn’t - no, on second thoughts, no pictures.
Never mind, carry on.

3 Likes

I’m sure this is unrelated:

2 Likes

As Dolt-45’s fixer, Michael Cohen knows where a lot of the bodies are buried. Mueller is going to squeeze him for every last detail and, Russia or no Russia, once again we’ll discover that we haven’t yet hit rock bottom with Il Douche’s sleaze.

4 Likes