Trump's Fourth Of July 'Salute to America' now includes Air Force One flyover of Mall

Well, for a lot of people who were around for 9-11, low flying planes over DC trigger strong emotions, but not happy ones.

8 Likes

I knew I shouldn’t have read this thread just after reading about the Malaysian Air crash possibly being a pilot suicide. I now have this image in my head of a pilot thinking he’s doing the country a favour…

5 Likes

I so desperately want to take that and recut it so it’s Trump saying “Trump” in his dopiest sounding voice whenever they say “Kim Jong Un”.

2 Likes

Or you could translate the entire song into English. How about “No America Without You”?

2 Likes

Jet airliners from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, or just National, as people around here call it, frequently roar nearly overhead at the west end of the Mall. They are a completely ordinary sight from the Lincoln Memorial. Air Force One, however, usually flies out of Andrews Joint Base, so it would be a rarity in the sky over DC.

2 Likes

If you attended any of the PBS-televised patriotic celebrations from the west lawn of the US Capitol, you were treated to a view of the fireworks with the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial in the same line of sight. Because Cheeto Mussolini is having his campaign rally, the fireworks have been moved to West Potomac Park, just a few hundred yards away, and completely out of view from the US Capitol grounds. So that sucks.

4 Likes

If past years are any indication of weather for that night, it will be stormy and you know, shit happens to planes in storms…

1 Like

Count on it.

4 Likes

I just spoke to several people who have decided not to go to the Mall for the 4th this year.

A drop in bucket but, surely more will decide to stay home rather to be anywhere near that PoS.

5 Likes

Of course. He wants to be on the ground so he can suck in the tribute to his majesty, like a larger-than-is-healthy human-sized sponge that grifts.

What we have in this administration is as far from “normal” as it gets. “Planning” is a foreign concept, and the only thing “foreign” they pay attention to is dirt on their opponents.

4 Likes

frydster

3 Likes

I know people who might go to protest, but no one in my circle of friends or family is happy he’s hijacking a jet and flying it over the White House. We have three airports, if we wanted to hang out and watch airplanes fly low, we could go to one of them and watch planes land and take off all day.

eta: pic of his last party
He figures this is the only way to get a crowd of people to see him in DC. This is the attendance at his last DC parade:

Probably hurt his feelings. Good.
He figures this is the only way to get a crowd of people to see him in DC.

1 Like

As with most of his DC gatherings (Xmas tree lighting, Easter egg roll, etc.) his audience will consist of his closest family sycophants, staff and their families, fellow grifters (lobbyists), and the random busload of trumpers brought in from somewhere in 'murica.

I hope it rains.

A lot.

With lightning.

3 Likes

Either that, or 110°, so that people can respond to his “it’s cold out, where the hell is global warming”, tweets. That and meme-able pictures of him sweating like a greased pig in a microwave.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.