Trump's Ghostwriter: Trump would end civilization as we know it

Timothy Snyder wrote a good piece on this. A choice quote:

11 Likes

Trump would end civilization as we know it

How many Trump supporters want this? That might sound facetious but I mean it seriously. How many Trump supporters really think the only solution to our current problems is to completely destroy the existing system and they see Trump as the best way to do it.

Or maybe most of them are just like my family member who dislikes Clinton so much he says he’s going to hold his nose and vote for Trump.

5 Likes

To be fair, civilization kind of sucks in a lot of ways.

Though one of the best ways to improve it would be to launch Trump and all his followers into the sun.

2 Likes

To be fair, he knew Trump 30 years ago. I wouldn’t want to judge anyone based on what they did 30 years ago. If you want to judge Drumpf, just listen to him today.

2 Likes

Feed me the orange man!

4 Likes

“Co” -author. LOL.

1 Like

I’ve read your post twice but I’m still not sure what you’re trying to say here. Clarify when you have the chance.

Wondered myself. This guy writes his own schedule, and I’m guessing he is never inconvenienced with anything he doesn’t want to be involved with. Why would he want to work a civil service job 60+ hours a week over the next four years??? The campaign has probably been restricting enough, and it would only get much worse if he actually won.

1 Like

Because it provides an unparalled chance to loot the treasury.

And because it’s only hard work if you plan on actually taking the job seriously.

3 Likes

The fact that Clintons not polling at 60+ percent is a testament to her unlikability. Any decent candidate should be clobbering him.

3 Likes

It is absurd that the Democrats picked such a deeply disliked candidate. Of course the Republicans did too. They should replace their nomination process with favourability polling - just pick the least favourable candidate and run with them. Unfortunately that makes me wonder if Trump can win the general based on the same algorithm. American democracy is fuuuuuuucked.

4 Likes

It helps to tie up the whole “Clinton is a conspiracy theory” narrative.

That Clinton is the authoritarian and that Trump is a false flag.

Well, that plan went awry.

Not according to our poster… Trump is there to make Hillary look good by comparison and drive to votes to her.

Yeesh. That would rank right up there with Cameron’s Brexit gambit.

1 Like

But, also, Trump might still win, which would be the plan going horribly awry, and we’d better hope our masters (reptilian or not) have some backup plan to avoid giving Trump the nuclear launch codes.

I would like to say in their defense that the reality they describe would be largely indistinguishable from the one we live in.

Well, obviously, she’s going to personally rig the election, to make sure she wins!

Don’t you know how politics work? :wink:

A term such as ‘unlikeability’ is an artifact of the English language’s allowance to use any verb as a modifier or descriptive noun. This doesn’t automatically validate these latter forms, however.

Let’s state things in active terms. Many Americans don’t like Hilary. Why? Well, she has a voting record that is less than inspiring for us lefties, but she also has had to defend and defy the 25-year barrage of sexism aimed solely at destroying her as a public figure.

Terms like ‘unlikeability’ obscure the motivations and actions of those who have worked hard to skew public perception of Hilary as a person and politician, which makes such terms worse than useless.

1 Like

Is this better?

“The fact that Clinton is not polling at 60+ percent is a testament to the extent to which Americans dislike her.”

1 Like