Trump's Hamilton tweetstorm: calculated distraction from fraud settlement, or fragile mediocrity?

I’m not so sure about that. The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is making great progress. 11 states have already enacted it. It looks like this electoral college work-around is possible.

7 Likes

having lost the popular vote by an unprecedented 3-4 million votes.

Er, what? Got a source for that number? Look, I hate Trump as much as the next liberal, but according to respected sources like the CNN recap, Trump lost by ~1.3M (at the time of writing).

That’s still a huge number, and other elections were decided on margins much smaller than that. You’re only underlying the legitimicy of our position by pulling out outlandish unsourced numbers, and making us look no better than that lying rag Breitbart (that linked article, btw, is completely wrong)

2 Likes

I liked the tweet below. Oh irony…

There’s a time & place…this was not appropriate. I hate it when ‘celebs’ use their fan platform to promote their politics #BoycottHamilton

6 Likes

I thought Baldwin’s response was great: (paraphrasing) “The election is over, and no one owes you anything. Do your job and remember we’ll be watching.”

Interesting thought: Drumpf just became a wage slave, for probably the first time in his life.

14 Likes

This is why he’s refusing to take a salary.

ETA:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-salary-george-washington-214458

17 Likes

Like a squid squirting ink, I doubt that it’s calculated.

9 Likes

Crikey! We need a kitty chaser for that!

9 Likes

Yeah, all those things, too. But his dumb luck - that his initial statements struck a chord (when his previous tentative runs has been greeted entirely with the appropriate derision), and that being his dumb, authoritarian self managed to work in his favor, stumbling on the combination of know-nothing populist and Christo-fascist positions to maximize his support - was the necessary starting point that got him the other things that all together allowed him to win.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the billions he and his family are going to steal will more than make up for any hurt feelings he suffers.

5 Likes

I know that this is sarcasm, but have you seen this guy? He views all money and all uncritical support as his due. If you withhold either of them from him, he will take it personally. The money can’t make up for the hurt feelings, because he’s owed both the adulation and the fortune anyway.

15 Likes

Eh, Isn’t everything about Donald Trump just a perpetual distraction from any real discussion of genuine solutions for the problems of the day? Like, what the fuck does it matter if he intends it or not?

6 Likes

This part struck me as especially odd. Does he want NBC to broadcast an equal amount of…the Apprentice? Jeff Sessions’ awkward invitations to any “BBC” reporters out there? B-roll of Ivanka?

Yep. Up every. fucken. day. Get up, asshole, there’s a hurricane hitting Texas. Wake up, jerk, Nicaragua has accepted more military and financial aid from Russia. Rise and shine, you incompetent bigot, Chinese banks want to talk to you about that $650 million dollar loan you owe.

And the paperwork to sign, properly. The petty power struggles, the Sisyphean grind to move legislation, and doing it every single day–he’ll hate it. And he’s going to hear nothing but nastiness in return, because, generally, that’s pretty much what the POTUS gets.

18 Likes

Which is exactly why he will delegate everything to his VP.

13 Likes

19 Likes

Or just leave the job undone.

All of the “Trump will hate being President, it’s boring hard work” fantasies are missing a key point: no, he doesn’t have to do any of the work. There is no higher authority to force him to do anything he doesn’t want to.

A sense of responsibility and decency would normally compel even lazy and incompetent Presidents to do the bare minimum required for the job (:cough:Reagan:cough:)…but this is Trump. Responsibility and decency are not likely to play a large role.

16 Likes

The public?
The media?

2 Likes

Super-awesome bestest part is how he gets a tax write-off for that settlement. He’ll never pay taxes again!

3 Likes

Axl Rose, of all people, had a pertinent response:

17 Likes

Maybe we should get an online effort going to start sending hundreds of pounds of cheese to Trump Tower.
You know- to go with all the wine he has.

11 Likes

It’s the President who’s supposed to bring the Big Block of Cheese.

2 Likes