Trump's insane new "Media Accountability Survey"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/trumps-insane-new-media-ac.html

5 Likes

Ah, deceptive push-polling, the long-time favourite of conservatives everywhere. Now with less reality!

30 Likes

Well, I trust BoingBoing after I click through and read below the fold. But the headlines? :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Can’t wait for the survey that comes out that meeting. /s

9 Likes

Oh this has been around for at least a year.

I get conservative email spam at my ancient AOL account, because it was tagged with my dad’s name when AOL sold off their subscriber lists to spammers (sub-account). So I have seen this at least twice in the last year or so.

9 Likes

For Official Use Only

Survey ID : 17345996

I bet all of you get the same Survey ID.

8 Likes

This a classic political tactic where you use fake surveys to harvest contact info for people who are likely to support you. That way you can mobilize them for an election. My Canadian Conservative MP does this all the time with their taxpayer expensed mail outs to all constituents. Then he releases the “results” which which show things like how 2/3 of constituents are opposed to pot legalization, because the only people who do the surveys are conservatives.

16 Likes
  1. Do you believe that people of faith have been unfairly characterized by the media?

Do Muslims count as “people of faith”?

34 Likes

Their headlines are no better or worse than Fox’s at times. So yeah, you and me both on that one.

1 Like

Based on the URL they’re using, wouldn’t that be the Mainstream Media Media Accountability Survey?

Now with more media!

5 Likes

Fixed that for them

10 Likes

Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?

Well, they hardly said boo when the Republicans obstructed the constitutionally mandated duty to appoint a new Supreme Court justice, obstructed every bill introduced by Democrats, closed down the government, and voted over and over again to repeal the ACA. So… no.

24 Likes

yup, same ID– and they are just harvesting names and addresses of allies at the end of the survey, which means they are not interested in the answers. I didn’t bother submitting it because I think it’s bad enough they may have harvested my IP address, and I am not technical enough to know for sure why I should not feel dubious about that.(If anyone reading this has the understanding to know whether it matters, I would love to hear what you had to say.)

8 Likes

If this weren’t such a common idiocy among Canadian conservative MPs, I’d guess we lived in the same riding…

2 Likes

Every web server you connect to will have your IP address. If you post data to that website, your IP is likely recorded with that post data.

Capture
Down for me – maybe I responded with too many contrarian views.

7 Likes

I’m digging the “Certified Website” bit at the top of the page.

Clearly, there is no greater mark of authenticity than words rendered inside a box.

9 Likes

If we learned anything from the net neutrality surveys and the FCC, surveys and feedback don’t matter.

3 Likes

One nice thing about this Liberal government, is that I haven’t seen one of those stupid push-polls in years. Under the Cons, I was getting one about every two weeks.

No, Stevie, I don’t care about the children so much that I agree warrantless monitoring and search of every Canadian’s computer, phone, whatever, is a good thing.

3 Likes

It’s only ‘intentional stifling’ if you’re the one getting stifled, otherwise it’s just a free market mechanism that I thought these mooks can’t get enough of everywhere else. Also the obvious healthy expression of 1st amendment rights, because we’ve established money is speech after all…

3 Likes