Trump's insane new "Media Accountability Survey"

Deceptive push-polling needs a mascot:

Source

7 Likes

I trust the majority of links that aren’t trying to sell me something, and do my best to ignore the dissonance between the editorial opinions expressed on the site and attempts made to sell questionable merchandise from problematic vendors.

After that, hyperbolic headlines are small potatoes. :wink:

3 Likes

42 cookies on that page… 42…

12 Likes

And so what if they are? What business is it of the Justice Dept what private companies legally choose to do?

1 Like

Look in your spam folder for the address of a Nigerian prince or FBI investigator, put it in the fake survey / fundraiser contact info… and BAM, it’s a love match!

1 Like

Huh, lucky you.

That’s basically all my MP does is send mind-bogglingly stupid disingenuous push polls, and tweet photos of ribbon cutting type ceremonies.

1 Like

4 Likes

Obviously this isn’t actually a poll. It’s a series of “questions” intended to be statements to steer belief, but more than that, it’s a fund-raising tool. Filling it out means you’re going to send a lot of spam to whatever email address you fill in, and not anything else.

In this case, it’s not even a survey, though. It’s just pretending to be one. Like the one Trump’s people sent out asking his supporters to vote on the logo for “Space Force.” They were trying to create the illusion of selling access. The reality was that some intern came up with the logos, and they ignored them afterwards. (One said something about Mars, which…)

Yup, definitely a website.

4 Likes

Trump would have you believe Muslims don’t count as people.

3 Likes

Didn’t we decide that intentionally stifling the free flow of ideas was the sacred first amendment right of our corporate citizens during the net neutrality farce?

I’m sure things will be different, because reasons with gravitas++, in this case. Indeed, something that closely resembles what the talk radio hosts of the world tell us that the “fairness doctrine” is may have to be imposed. With a different name, naturally.

Perhaps the downtrodden refugees living in squalid camps on the outskirts of Gab will even need definitely-not-affirmative-action to counteract the structural injustices that stand in the way of their advancement.

I’m sure it will be a magnificent display of intellectual honesty; suitable for only the most pious users of the phrase ‘marketplace of ideas’ to pontificate on the need for state power; just this once.

3 Likes

Loving the ‘Empty Response’ from the Trump site, so symbolic…

1 Like

Prelude to writing laws that will make certain things illegal, thereby making it the Justice Department’s business.
“It’s the will of the people”, and all that.
The best way to commit crimes at a large scale is to make sure the crimes will be technically legal first.

1 Like

There was no fun to be had there. It’s the survey equivalent of “Have you stopped beating your wife?”

7 Likes

If you fill out and submit the “survey,” you’ll wind up on their e-mailing list, and doubtless be harrassed non-stop.

1 Like

Yeah, my father gets paper ones in the mail. The same question is often asked multiple times in different ways. The funniest are the ones asking who is to blame for our country’s woes, and it’s always: A) The lying Democrats, B) The Democratic controlled news agencies, or C)The unfair Democratic state governments. And at the end, you get a word salad “from” Donald Trump asking for money to finish his successful agenda to MAGA! It’s worth reading because it’s obviously something some staffer cut and pasted together from previous letters because the verb tenses are hilariously f’d up. Such a lazy administration.

6 Likes

Yikes! My computer is now befouled!

1 Like

My mother regularly gets the Democrat’s versions of these, which I’ve read. They’re infinitely better.
I think the Republican versions are like those Nigerian Prince scams, where they deliberately make them bad to filter out all but the most credulous suckers.

5 Likes

I filled it out just because I want to see what kind of crazy they send my way.

That is so Cyriak-esque.

1 Like

That many cookies, huh? I guess there’s a lot of half-baking going in that end of the spectrum.