Trump's lawyer reprimanded for failing to answer questions in gag order appeal

Originally published at: Trump's lawyer reprimanded for failing to answer questions

6 Likes

I understand that there is some legal question about the exact phrasing of at least one of his gag orders, such as exactly what kind of speech constitutes “targeting” court staff, but I won’t be surprised if Trump ulimately finds a cold reception throughout the appeals process. One thing that all the judges hearing this case have in common is that they have staffs of their own and probably can’t help imagining how they’d feel if Trump pulled the same shenanigans in their courtrooms.

9 Likes

In practice, a gag order isn’t even necessary for the kind of behavior T**** has already committed. Threatening the prosecutor or court staff is at least a night in jail for 99.9% of Americans interacting with our justice system.

It’s frankly ridiculous they even put a stay on it or took the appeal seriously.

14 Likes

Yes but saying “those guys are crooked and out to get me” isn’t normally illegal in and of itself, which is why the courts have to evaluate the scope and legality of the specific gag order.

Hopefully they’ll come down on the side of common sense and conclude that Trump’s public comments are impacting the ability of the court to perform its function and causing a real threat to the lives of the courtroom staff.

6 Likes

He had no answer because the appeal wasn’t based in reality, just another Trump delay/annoy tactic.

8 Likes

The finest lawyers a deadbeat can buy.

9 Likes

Doxxing the prosecutor and the court administrator to terrorist groups is, though.

6 Likes

THIS

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.