Why Trump considers gag orders to be megaphone, not a muzzle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/29/why-trump-considers-gag-orders-to-be-megaphone-not-a-muzzle.html

6 Likes

Judge Walton was appointed to his various positions by Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and John Roberts but I have a hunch the MAGA folks are still going to characterize him as a left-wing extremist for voicing this ultimately toothless criticism of their leader.

15 Likes

Is there anyone, and I do mean anyone, who doesn’t understand that the legal system treats the rich, white, and well-connected vastly differently than they treat the darkly complected and the poor?

It’s a fucking disgrace.

12 Likes

In 4 years, he left hundreds of cabinet positions unfilled, but managed to seat hundreds of judges around the country.
THIS WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT

9 Likes

Trump never had the foresight to do that. That was McConnell, who gave Trump a list and said “If you rubberstamp these appointments and I’ll say something nice about you in public.”

8 Likes

Trump is setting up an appeal. After conviction, he will claim that the judge had it in for him. Why was the judge prejudicial? Because Trump attacked his family. This might work with the present SCOTUS.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.