Trump's lying, there is no terrorism crisis on the US-Mexico border.

I was down on the border 3 years ago, bicycling my way from Texas to California. A rancher I met and I caught a terrorist right at the edge of his property on the Rio Grande. Here’s pictorial evidence:

27 Likes

But that’s Obama’s fault? Okay then.

12 Likes

The thing is, that’s not even a joke in Trump’s case. It’s literally true. He can’t make a public statement involving facts now without telling multiple lies (to the point where we have to measure it in lies-per-minute) or being entirely divorced from reality.

18 Likes

One wonders if at least some of the time, he’s told himself these lies so very much (and had his inner circle and Fox and Friends parrot them back at him), that he now entirely believes them to be the gospel truth.

23 Likes

I’m convinced it’s even more fundamental than that - Trump has some serious cognitive issue where ideas like “truth” and “reality” don’t mean much to him. He says things that either have positive feedback or negative feedback, and he repeats and elaborates on the ones that have positive feedback. The words themselves don’t correlate with the idea of a permanent reality that exists outside his head.

27 Likes

Our president, ladies and gentlemen…

12 Likes

I really wish that Trump would just admit that he’s not fit to occupy the Oval Office.

10 Likes

Me too, but he won’t. He has too much pride to do that, and he’s entirely willing to fuck up the entire country rather than admit he can’t do this job. I mean, talk about your toxic masculinity.

22 Likes

Hey - we’re back to a steel “barrier” - that the Democrats requested.

If he wants to agree with the Democrats; he can just sign the continuing resolution.

11 Likes

Back to that toxic masculinity… he has to “win” every situation…

17 Likes

Pelosi is wildly outclassing Trump in her response.

9 Likes

Pretty much all of the USA corporate media just broadcast an hour-long promotion of state-sponsored fascism.

“Free press”.

6 Likes

I totally missed it all…

7 Likes

There seems to have been no strategy at all behind Trump’s speech.

8 Likes

Rambling… something about an attack with a hammer… He can barely form a full sentence. Then Pelosi comes on and acts like a leader.

4 Likes

The only good part was that he was more traditional. He started the show with a cartoon.

8 Likes

Drumpf knows damn good and well all his noise about the well is pure shit. The wall has nothing to do with security, it has to do with him trying desperately to hold onto the hardcore racists who are his core supporters. And the horrible hypocrisy of hearing noise about a “humanitarian crisis” coming from Cheetolini, who made it US Federal policy to kidnap children - God, you can’t send that giant meteor soon enough.

11 Likes

Putting on empty and mendacious shows appealing to the 27% Know-Nothing base’s xenophobia, bigotry, ignorance and sense of entitlement is the sum total of this life-long grifter’s “strategy”. Reading what he said, this is no different.

13 Likes

Yep. This did nothing additional to motivate his base, expand it, propose something new to change the story or change the political calculus.

All it did was to make him look smaller and less powerful.

11 Likes

I thought the topic of the ongoing “national emergencies” and there complete lack of accountability was covered well in the Atlantic this week:

4 Likes