Trump's midterms strategy: Lying his ass off to scare white people into voting Republican

Definitely the latter. I think it’s definitely his insecure desire to have people applaud him. Not so much driven by any ideology other than applause lines, though being a racist bully himself does make it come easier for him to pander to racist bullies.

4 Likes

With the same result – widespread mockery but enough people believing him to make it succeed.

2 Likes

I used to vote for the person I thought had the most relevant experience. Like, if there’s a race for school board and the Republican candidate is a high school principal and the Democrat is a banker, I would vote for the high school principal.

Not any more. Not ever again. This can NEVER happen again.

8 Likes

Of course, the smart wealthy white people are concerned about the long run, and find this myopic focus on the next quarterly earnings, next poll numbers, next election cycle, and nothing beyond that, insane.

That’s before we reckon in that some of the wealthy white people have functioning empathy (and this group has a massive overlap with the one above; being evil makes you stupid, after all).

But yeah, I get what you mean. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scared me into voting for Beto.

4 Likes

So is it really a strategy if he is constitutionally unable to tell the truth. He lies by default, something in him is unable to use the truth even if it might benefit him.

1 Like

I was thinking about all these people around him pretending that the bullshit he says is true (as opposed to the people who actually believe the bullshit) and how his reality is a complete fabrication, either on his part or the people steering him, and I realized he’s just like Truman!

Not Harry Truman mind you - Truman Burbank. Trump is living in his own Truman show. Fox was like "what if we did a Truman-style reality show, but the main character was President of the United States?

3 Likes

We extras are getting paid scale, right?

2 Likes

That’s where you’ve been going wrong. Relevant experience is irrelevant when political motivation takes precedence. The assumption should always be that they don’t want to be on the school board so as to deploy their relevant experience; they want to be on the school board to enact Republican fuckwittery. In fact it’s worse - their relevant experience enables them to be BETTER at enacting their right-wing fuckwittery in a relevant position!
As I said recently elsewhere on this site (with UK-relevant equivalent) “Never trust a Tory

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.