Trump's midterms strategy: Lying his ass off to scare white people into voting Republican

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/22/trumps-midterms-strategy-ma.html

8 Likes

So the same thing he has been doing all along then.

33 Likes

Republican’s strategy for every one of the 44 years of my life: Lying their asses off to scare white people into voting

25 Likes

Lying his ass off to scare white people into voting

Speaking for this white guy, it’s working – though I highly doubt I’m voting in the way he’d intended.

35 Likes

22 Likes

41 Likes

So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than […]

Yeah … totally a “Trump” strategy.

4 Likes

I thought the Nancy Drew mysteries were supposed to be more complicated than the Hardy Boys…

3 Likes

Your cruelty has once again been well documented, for future generations.

4 Likes

Trump lied. Base swallows it and loves it. Left outraged. Nothing changes. We have got to vote these assholes out. Every damn one of them have lost the privilege of public trust. Don’t care about ideological purity, don’t want to hear “there is no difference.” Vote for the D, vote against the R. Same outcome. Just do it.

17 Likes

ROGER THAT!

12 Likes

The lies only work because people want to hear them.

11 Likes

If the Democrats fail to capture the House next months, I think I will dedicate the rest of my life conning the gullible suckers who hang on every word Trump utters.

“They’ll pay to have the wool pulled over their eyes.” – J.R. “Bob” Dobbs.

13 Likes

THIS. Truth is irrelevant, its the shitty message that its ok to be a dick. Working to perfection unfortunately.

6 Likes

And then there is his plan B

14 Likes

First, I doubt he’s lying his ass off, unless recent sightings show decreased girth.

Second, he could try telling the truth: that this is a paid stunt and his dead-eyed goon has already drafted anti-immigrant legislation that does not require congressional approval. As commented on another topic, it’s not as if the majority of pale “common clay of the New West” are overly encumbered by critical thinking.

Do white American voters actually think, following the news for the past twenty months that there are tiered legislations for immigrants? That deportation actions and citizenship blocks happen only to asylum seekers, “swarthy people”, seasonal labourers? What legitimate news agencies are conditioning Americans to imagine this? Do white voters fear that recent arrivals will do to them what their ancestors did to indigenous people in the cause of manifest destiny?

What I am given to understand on this forum from activity on political topics is that some citizens find it easier to snarkily address people whose protections are dissolving under this current administration than to apologize to those people for not caring enough to prevent the administration in the first place.

10 Likes

Is Trump disrespecting his followers by lying to them, or is he respecting them (the way a performer respects his audience) by screaming the things he knows they enjoy hearing, and even they don’t “believe” it?

2 Likes

I believe that many do, at least subconsciously.

13 Likes

I called that on November 9, 2016.

Non-wealthy* white people. Whose only benefit are cultural sops: anti-abortion, racism, nativism, etc.

Wealthy white people don’t need to be scared. They know they are the intended beneficiaries when Republicans take control and open the sluices.

-—
* Or, as poor Republicans like to think of themselves, “pre-wealthy.”

7 Likes