Trump's Minister of Efficiency, Leon Musk sends a gross message to Taylor Swift

Anyone who wants me to send them my HTML Cheat Sheet is moar than welcome to PM me their email addy, and I’ll send it…or should I just upload it to mediafire and post that link here?

Also:
≠ can be obtained by typing & ne ; without those spaces between the characters.

I just C&P’d all those symbols into the document, whenever I found ones that would let me do that to them, and saved it as I acquired them.

9 Likes

Me; older hand programmer, <> for the win! (BASIC, COBOL)

!= is the new fangled stuff. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There’s always &amp; if you want to be fancy and type things without the spaces. &ne; is ≠

Unless things have changed, the BBS doesn’t like quoting things with &amp; spelled out like that IIRC. It just pastes it in directly, resulting in the entity. I expect the last sentence above to show “≠ is ≠” if quoted

5 Likes

Well, damn, there it is! Thanks much, I will make use of that!

7 Likes

That code happened to be in my cheat sheet tophat-biggrin

7 Likes

There’s a bunch more useful ones.

&lt; <
&gt; >

So you can do a full </s> with &lt;/s&gt; As I mentioned above, I don’t think this quotes properly, so </s> is invisible in replies.

5 Likes

Don’t forget .NE. and friends (.EQ., .LE., etc.)!

2 Likes

I have a vague sense that this clunky sarcastic comment is in fact an epically inept attempt at flirting.

4 Likes

Flirting with a married stranger by offering to knock them up? That’s still not just inept, that’s disgusting.

6 Likes
13 Likes

Venezuelan gang members would most probably hug her, tell her they love her, ask for her autograph and selfies, take her to their mama’s house for a great meal and some beer, then give her a lift anywhere she liked (ETA:) in her choice of their vehicles.

You know, like anyone who’s not a crazed conservative fuckwit would do.

12 Likes

For these people, every immigrant from Latin America, Africa or the Middle East is nothing more than a criminal lunatic whose only goal in life is to destroy Jesus and the United States. It never occurs to anyone that these immigrants are in such a bad situation, that they have lost everything except the hope of a better life and from an early age they see the United States as an open road to that better life.

14 Likes

I hope I live long enough to see Elno’s living-paranoid-and-alone-in-a-hotel-room-with-kleenex-boxes-on-his-feet phase. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Also, on newer windows versions “:window: .” (Windows key and period) will bring up the special characters pane, from which you can select special characters and emojis.

That said, I often just google the character by name and copy paste it from text I find online, often its Wikipedia page. It’s not elegant but much faster than finding it in a long list of code points. Also useful on the phone, where a lot of characters are just a long press or a keyboard switch away, but by no means all.

ETA: Interesting to note. The emoji preview on my phone keyboard shows a classic European style window. The kind that is square and has four panes, like the windows logo. The actual text on the BBS renders it as an American style window, higher than wide and with a sliding mechanism, so it doesn’t work as a stand-in for the logo key…

5 Likes

its the disappointed incel-kind of creepy “sarcastic” “flirting” as a reaction to her constantly ignoring his advances towards her;

guess grimes wasnt famous enough for his ego.

(thnx goes to @smulder for link)

5 Likes

The more I think about this, the more threatening it is. (Even discounting whose side he’s on, politically, and their view of reproductive rights.)

I can’t help but see Musk’s threat as having a counterpart…

16 Likes

Darn. I thought it was a guillotine. :window: :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.