Trump's pick to lead Treasury tried to kick woman out of her house over 27 cents

Trump is America’s Boris Yeltsin - Trump is not interested in government, just popularism - hence the obsession with Twitter and his refusal to take National Security briefings. He aims to assemble a team to which he can delegate everything so that he can live the high life and enjoy the perks of the job.

Trump is just interested in enriching himself and his class at the expense of the rest of society - but the fact that “Post Truth” works will be noted by someone determined who has an actual agenda for power - the guy who comes after Trump will be your Putin

4 Likes

I’m sure he is horrible and she does not deserve this. But it does look like she twice did not pay a bill and the computer system did not deal with this edge case well. From just this article it does not look like he deliberately and personally tried to kick her to the curb, which is what the headline suggests.

“After some confusion about her insurance coverage two years back, a subsidiary of OneWest sent Ossie Lofton, of Lakeland, Florida, a bill for $423.30. Lofton sent the bank a check for $423, and got another bill for the remaining $0.30. The woman–who, it’s worth emphasizing again here, is 90 years old–mailed in a check for $0.03.”

I want to have more than one like for this…

1 Like

While CitiGroup may well suck donkey balls, it is unrelated to the CIT Group that bought Mnuchin’s bank.

1 Like

I moved to a small local bank during the downturn. Too big to fail is too big for me!

2 Likes

Thanks! Who knew?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.