Trump's sad new blog is already a flop as the numbers (and this funny video) show

Roger That!

(Can we have a leftish presidential candidate prepared to change their name to Roger That? It would be so cool.)

11 Likes

My interest level is quantifiable, and it absolutely requires more than 0.0% (0 Kb).

5 Likes

Curb your enthusiasm.

6 Likes

I wish we had never heard of Trump.

8 Likes

I wish we could but the GOP refuses to just ignore him .
They are desperate for his support .

5 Likes

This means clicking the “Share on Facebook”, “Tweet this”, etc. buttons under each post.

3 Likes

Yes, I know. But I’ll bet there are many people who use Twitter a lot less now that Donnie is off it. I know I do.

1 Like

Blogging is not the best way to reach your barely literate supporters. Go figure.

6 Likes

Ah, but what if you’re barely literate yourself?! Now who’s laughing?

4-D chess, all the way down. /s

6 Likes

NO FUCKING WAY!! We owe it to migrants, to those who come from countries that practice Islam, to BLM, to everyone affected by his reign of bullshit, that we convict him and put him away for a long time.

bored killing eve GIF by BBC America

15 Likes

From the parallel universe files, imagine a reality exactly like ours, except it had a President Drumpf. Some of you may think “So what?” But think of all the extra ink spilled writing his name. The extra pagination. All those books and articles would be longer.

Be thankful we live in such a lucky universe where we have heard of Trump.

(and /s for all you Poe’s Law spouting people)

You’re quoting something, but I can’t remember what.

2 Likes

Trump’s site has no interaction! No comments possible. No Likes/:heart:s. No retweet count. Just a dead, static, one-way blog. (Although, he claims this is “just the start” of his media platform…)

But one thing I’m noticing too: Trump isn’t even writing a lot of the FromTheDeskOfDonaldTrump entries! If you look at some of the entries (the short ones), sure, it’s obvious Trump wrote those. But then others (say, the ones that have complete paragraphs), are obviously ghost written.

What a mess.

5 Likes

Grumpy good

3 Likes

I’ll vote for That!

I’m not gonna give his site any clicks by checking, but I heard that readers had the ability to “like” his posts (though not the ability to remove a “like” once clicked).

Maybe they removed that feature once the “like” count started dropping?

3 Likes

Why not just use frankspeech.com?

Not according to the WaPo article:

[Jason] Miller dismissed the drop in mentions on social media. “A lot of our people aren’t on those platforms anymore. When they kicked off Trump, millions of Trump supporters are no longer on Twitter or Facebook having rejected these big tech oligarchs for their censoring of President Trump.”

But there’s no evidence that millions of Trump supporters have left those platforms. Facebook’s daily active user base in the United States and Canada hasn’t changed since Trump’s ban, remaining at 195 million during the first three months of the year, while Twitter’s actually grew by 5 million, to 38 million, company filings show.

EDIT: Granted, “use Twitter a lot less” != “left those platforms”.

WaPo:

Trump’s fans and critics online were quick to note that the blog had no features for user likes, replies or reactions; no cheers or bickering in the comment sections; and no space for memes, retweets or other trappings that other sites use to spread messages to broader audiences… To mimic a social network, each post includes a “heart” button, but it doesn’t do anything except change the icon from blue to red, an analysis of the website’s code shows. Some messages, like a recent 900-word rant about the New York attorney general’s investigation of his company, are posted in a single giant, hard-to-read block.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Pillow Man obviously wasn’t able to pony up whatever extortionate fee Biff was demanding.

2 Likes

Twitter/Facebook’s trump card (or anti-Trump card, perhaps);
these users are too lazy/inept to join other platforms.

2 Likes